Subject: Version -02 of Draft for Geopriv Requirements

From: Cuellar Jorge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 02:26:26 +0200

Dear all,

John Morris, Deirdre Mulligan, and I just submitted the Internet Draft
to the ID-editor:
   draft-cuellar-geopriv-reqs-02.txt

Although I strongly hesitate to send any attachments on the mailing list,
for the purpose of a fast delivery to all of you, please find the draft
in an attachment. (It is plain text). The draft will also be available
in the IETF server in a few days.

Title: Geopriv requirements

Abstract

   Location-based services, navigation applications, emergency services,
   management of equipment in the field, and other location-dependent
   services need geographic location information about a target (user,
   resource or other entity).  There is a need to securely gather and
   transfer location information for location services, protecting the
   privacy of the individuals involved.

   This document describes the requirements for the geopriv Location
   Object (used to transfer location data and perhaps some other
   information) and for further IETF protocols that use this Location
   Object as an embedded protocol. We focus on authorization, integrity
   and privacy requirements.

Best Regards,

Jorge R Cuellar

--------------------------------------------
Jorge R Cuellar     T +49 89 636-47 585
Security                
CT IC 3                 
Siemens        [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------