Subject: 2 revised drafts

From: Cuellar Jorge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:25:53 +0100

Hello,

We have submitted the next revision of the requirements draft
(WG Item) and of the Scenarios draft (Private Submission):

You will also find a copy of the drafts at following URL:

http://www.ersue.de/nsis/draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-01.txt
http://www.ersue.de/nsis/draft-cuellar-geopriv-scenarios-02.txt

I wanted to ask for feedback and discussion on the referenced I-Ds,
particularly on the first one.  

The second one, the scenarios draft, is very much a work in progress and 
will need more effort.

Any comments and questions would be welcome.

--Jorge

-----Original Message-----
From: Cuellar Jorge 
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 10:47 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Version -01 of Draft for Geopriv Requirements

Dear editor,

we would like to submit a version -01 Internet Draft related to the work in 
the Geopriv Working Group. This is a new version of
draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-00.txt.

Please find the Internet draft in the attachment.

Name: draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-01.txt

Title: Geopriv requirements

Abstract:
   Location-based services, navigation applications, emergency
   services, management of equipment in the field, and other location-
   dependent services need geographic location information about a
   Target (such as a user, resource or other entity).  There is a need
   to securely gather and transfer location information for location
   services, while at the same time protecting the privacy of the
   individuals involved.

   This document focuses on the authorization, integrity and privacy
   requirements for such location-dependent services.  Specifically, it
   describes the requirements for the geopriv Location Object (used to
   securely transfer location data and other privacy-enabling
   information) and for the protocols that use this Location Object.

Best Regards,

Jorge R Cuellar

-----Original Message-----
From: Cuellar Jorge 
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 10:58 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: Version -02 of Draft for Geopriv Scenarios

Dear editor,

we would like to submit a version -02 Internet Draft related to the work in 
the Geopriv Working Group. This is a new version of
draft-cuellar-geopriv-scenarios-01.txt.

Please find the Internet draft in the attachment.

Proposed Name: draft-cuellar-geopriv-scenarios-02.txt

Title: Geopriv Scenarios

Abstract:

   This document describes location-based service scenarios for Geopriv.
   It complements the Geopriv Requirements document by providing a set
   of examples in which the Geopriv Location Object (LO) may be used.
   Thus this documents serves as a basis to discuss and analyze the
   security (authentication, authorization, integrity and
   confidentiality) and privacy issues and requirements associated with
   location-based services.  To be useful, these scenarios include
   details of location computation, which helps to identify the entities
   involved on an abstract level and where privacy issues like control,
   consent, access, and security arise.

Best Regards,

Jorge R Cuellar