Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 3693 on Geopriv Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:50:48 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3693

        Title:      Geopriv Requirements
        Author(s):  J. Cuellar, J. Morris, D. Mulligan, J. Peterson,
                    J. Polk
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 68881
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3693.txt

Location-based services, navigation applications, emergency
services, management of equipment in the field, and other
location-dependent services need geographic location information about
a Target (such as a user, resource or other entity).  There is a need
to securely gather and transfer location information for location
services, while at the same time protect the privacy of the
individuals involved.

This document focuses on the authorization, security and privacy
requirements for such location-dependent services.  Specifically, it
describes the requirements for the Geopriv Location Object (LO) and
for the protocols that use this Location Object.  This LO is
envisioned to be the primary data structure used in all Geopriv
protocol exchanges to securely transfer location data.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.