Subject: [Geopriv] postal address for DHCP Civic

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:52:54 -0500

Ted,

As you requested, the GEOPRIV working group has discussed the issue of 
postal addresses vs. jurisdictional addresses that came to the 
attention of the IESG during IETF last call of 
draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-civil.

All participants believe this issue needs to be addressed.  After 
discussing many solutions, we have arrived at consensus to add a CAType 
for postal community name:

> Assume that only the community name differs between jurisdictional and 
> postal addresses (and deal with odd street situations by LMK 
> indication) and add a postal community name. Given that the emergency 
> services community has found this sufficient in four versions of 
> systems designed since the 1970s, there is some indication that this 
> is "good enough".

-andy
co-chair, GEOPRIV

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:26:27 -0800

I believe that this issue can be counted as a Last Call issue
raised, and that a new last call will not be required.  Please
ask the authors to respin the draft with the new text
required,  after that point, we can schedule IESG evaluation.
			thanks,
				Ted Hardie

At 10:52 AM -0500 2/11/05, Andrew Newton wrote:
>Ted,
>
>As you requested, the GEOPRIV working group has discussed the issue 
>of postal addresses vs. jurisdictional addresses that came to the 
>discussing many solutions, we have arrived at consensus to add a 
>CAType for postal community name:
>
>>Assume that only the community name differs between jurisdictional 
>>and postal addresses (and deal with odd street situations by LMK 
>>indication) and add a postal community name. Given that the 
>>emergency services community has found this sufficient in four 
>>versions of systems designed since the 1970s, there is some 
>>indication that this is "good enough".
>
>-andy
>co-chair, GEOPRIV

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:42:17 -0500

I will shortly submit

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/civic/draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-civil-05.html

If I missed anything, please let me know.