Subject: [Geopriv] draft-winterbottom-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-00

From: "James Winterbottom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:49:35 +1100

This draft is available from the following repository:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-pdif-lo-profi
le-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-pdif-lo-prof
ile-00.txt> 
 
And presents and initial cut at defining some rules for clarifying location
information contained in a PIDF-LO, and a very basic set of GML that needs
to be implement to provide location information in a normalized manner
suitable for location based routing applications. We acknowledge that the
initial rules are not quite right yet, and we are continuing work in this
area.
 
Cheers
James
 
 Abstract

The GeoPriv PIDF-LO specification provides a flexible and versatile
   means to represent location information.  There are, however,
   circumstances that arise when information needs to be constrained in 
   how it is represented so that the number of options that need to be
   implemented in order to make use of it are reduced.  There is growing
   interest in being able to use location information contained in a
   PIDF-LO for message and call routing applications.  For such
   applications to interoperate successfully location information will
   need to be normative and more constrained than is currently described
   in the PIDF-LO specification.  This paper makes recommendations on
   how to constrain, represent and interpret locations in a PIDF-LO.  It
   further looks at existing communications standards that make use of
   geodetic information for routing purposes and recommends a subset of
   GML that MUST be implemented by applications to allow message routing
   to occur.
  
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv