Subject: [Geopriv] turning continuous changes in location into discrete events

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:49:38 -0800

Hi,

I wrote a draft that describes a SIP event package to subscribe to  
location information.  The key part of this draft is that the package  
requires the subscriber to include event filters (specific to location)  
in the subscription that allows the notifier to turn continuous changes  
in location into discrete events.  I've spoken to James Polk about  
trying to combine ideas from this draft and his draft as well.

	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-geopriv-sip-loc-pkg 
-00.txt

This allows a subscriber to concentrate on asking questions which are  
more directly relevant to their application, such as "tell me when joe  
leaves the conference room", or "notify me when any nonresident friends  
are in town".

I'd be interested in hearing comments from the group on this.

thanks,
-rohan 

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv