Subject: [Geopriv] What to do about PIDF-LO?

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:04:05 -0400

All,

During the run-up to IETF 62, we received two drafts concerning PIDF-LO:

1.  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-pdif-lo- 
profile-00.txt

This draft was well received at the meeting, and lists restrictions on  
PIDF-LO that should be taken for interoperability reasons -- based on  
implementation experience.  It seems well-suited to be adopted by this  
working group as a BCP, in my opinion.

2.  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-nena-geopriv- 
requirements-00.txt

This draft outlines changes needed to PIDF-LO for its use in North  
America emergency calling situations.  Unlike the draft above, these  
requirements would seem to necessitate a revision to PIDF-LO.  While  
these may not be all the needed changes to PIDF-LO, this draft does  
seem to be the start of the discussion.

I'm soliciting opinions and comments on these two drafts to help shape  
a call for consensus on how to proceed, either individually or in a  
joint fashion.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv