Subject: RE: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO civilLoc schema incomplete

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:57:32 +1000

PIDF-LO is defined to use GML 3.0, and when I asked for a move to 3.1, that
was rejected.  The PIDF-LO profile draft includes some changes that help
(moving from location to position for instance), but PIDF-LO remains at 3.0.
 
I kinda hope that we can evolve PIDF-LO to both use the 3.1.1 version of GML
AND specify a profile that provides the features that are useful for
location services.  For example, we have no easy way to define an ellipse at
the moment.
 
Ta,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Reed OGC [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, 12 August 2005 12:21 AM
To: Thomson, Martin [WOLL:5500:EXCH]; GEOPRIV
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO civilLoc schema incomplete

In terms of GML, PIDF-LO should probably be upgraded to use GML 3.1.1
schemas (available on the OGC web site). There were a number of errors in
the 3.1 schemas (Sigh) that prevented validation. These have been corrected
and the 3.1.1 schemas subsequently tested against a variety of validation
tools. 
 
Cheers

Carl

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Martin Thomson <mailto:[email-masked]>  
To: GEOPRIV <mailto:[email-masked]>  
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:54 PM
Subject: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO civilLoc schema incomplete

The schema definition for the element <civilAddress> is not included in
draft-ietf-geopriv-pidf-lo-03.  How this escaped my notice before is quite a
wonder.

The lesson is perhaps to be careful with schema.  The definition for
<location-info> defines processContents="lax", which instructs a schema
validator to not worry about validating the contents of that element (which
is nice in this case because the GML schema caused Xerces all sorts of
grief).

I don't think that this is necessarily earth shattering, but it is perhaps
worth remembering. 

Cheers, 
Martin 

  _____  

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv