Subject: Re: [Enum] Re: [voipeer] Re: [Geopriv] Re: [Simple] tel URIsincommonpolicy

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:35:18 +0200

Brian,
 
>There are two situations, a phone that DOES understand a local dialplan, and
>a phone that DOES NOT understand a local dial plan.

>If the phone DOES understand a local dial plan, then it always sends phone
>numbers, and never sends dialstrings.  In such a phone, you always get a
>full phone number, including a "+" if it's a global number.

Agreed

>If the phone DOES NOT understand a local dial plan, then it must have a
>context, which it has to learn by some sort of provisioning.  While you
>COULD have a context called "+1", that is very, very unlikely.  It's more
>likely "providerA.com" or even more likely "chicago.providerA.com", but it
>could also be "foo".  The provider.com domain needs to understand how to
>interpret the dialstring 0114319793321 in the dialplan "foo" to a phone
>number.

providerA.com is not enough ;-), if you have customers out of the NANP
 
If you use a mobile phone and 11D digit dialing context +1 is ok
you could also use us.providerA.com or nanp.providerA.com

If you want local context
and context +1301 and washington.providerA.com is equivalent.
 
-richard

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv