Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 4079 on A Presence Architecture for the Distribution of GEOPRIV Location Objects

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:23:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4079

        Title:      A Presence Architecture for the
                    Distribution of GEOPRIV Location Objects
        Author(s):  J. Peterson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 16718
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-pres-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4079.txt

GEOPRIV defines the concept of a 'using protocol' -- a protocol that
carries GEOPRIV location objects.  GEOPRIV also defines various
scenarios for the distribution of location objects that require the
concepts of subscriptions and asynchronous notifications.  This
document examines some existing IETF work on the concept of presence,
shows how presence architectures map onto GEOPRIV architectures, and
moreover demonstrates that tools already developed for presence could
be reused to simplify the standardization and implementation of
GEOPRIV.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv