Subject: [Geopriv] SIP Events for Location

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:06:43 -0400

Discussion on this draft was curtailed due to time constraints.

I think we need events for presence, and I was persuaded by Rohan that the
expertise needed on the filter function is in geopriv.

Several commenters were concerned that this work should be part of presence
(independent of which work group does the work).  I agree with them, and
point out that there are valid use cases where it is EXACTLY presence.
While there may indeed be use cases where the rest of the presence mechanism
is not useful, it is unreasonable to have to implement two mechanisms, one
for presence and one for location-only on a single end device.  For that
reason, I think it is essential that the work be a part of presence, and
coordinated with presence filtering.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:14:42 -0500

Brian

I cannot tell the timing of this comment below. Was this before or after 
our conversation after the SIP WG meeting?

I feel like this was before.

>coordinated with presence filtering.

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.