Subject: [Geopriv] HELD - Spoofing of IP addresses

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:06:36 -0400

Discussion of HELD was cut off with a request to bring issues to the list.

One issue I have is that the draft does not discuss spoofing of IP
addresses.  I think that the requirements for deploying this protocol are
difficult to achieve.  I am assured that some networks are engineered so
that spoofing of IP addresses is very difficult if not impossible.  Without
commenting on such assurances, I think the draft should discuss the issue,
and should assert when it is appropriate to be used with respect to spoofing
of IP addresses.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:23:10 -0500

I would add to this comment with the following:

I would like to see secuity considerations text discussing the 
ramifications of what happens when IP addresses are spoofed.

>and should assert when it is appropriate to be used with respect to spoofing

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.