Subject: [Geopriv] Taiwanese street section numbers

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:04:20 -0500

I asked two Columbia CS students who are Taiwan natives and this is the 
result:

"This is the naming system of streets in Taiwan, where different 
segments of a long street or avenue are named differently by   appending 
numbers to the street's name. So a street is divided  into  sections. 
For example, a street like Broadway in Taiwan may  have 7  sections, 
starting from Broadway Section 1 in the  northmost part, and  ends in 
Broadway Section 7 in the southmost  segment.
Though geographically all the sections are the same street, they  are 
officially different in the sense that the numbering of  buildings 
restarts in each section. So it is important to specify  the section 
number when writing someone's address."

Based on this description, this would be best solved by having an A7 
designation, as it is hierarchically strictly below A6 (street).

Henning

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:59:24 -0500

On Nov 10, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

> Based on this description, this would be best solved by having an  
> A7 designation, as it is hierarchically strictly below A6 (street).

This sounds good to me.

-andy