Subject: RE: [Geopriv] Taiwanese street section numbers

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:10:31 -0600

Great! Thanks Henning.

This sounds like an acceptable solution to me, and we can amend the
draft to put a description in for this example.

I am still not sure what the consensus is on the Schema mapping URI
discussion. If we are going to have one we need to have a description as
to what it is going to provide, and so far I think the best example is
that it provide a web page for a human reader to say this is how we plan
to interpret these fields.

Cheers
James

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf
> Of Henning Schulzrinne
> Sent: Friday, 11 November 2005 6:04 AM
> To: 'GEOPRIV WG'
> Subject: [Geopriv] Taiwanese street section numbers
> 
> I asked two Columbia CS students who are Taiwan natives and this is
the
> result:
> 
> "This is the naming system of streets in Taiwan, where different
> segments of a long street or avenue are named differently by
appending
> numbers to the street's name. So a street is divided  into  sections.
> For example, a street like Broadway in Taiwan may  have 7  sections,
> starting from Broadway Section 1 in the  northmost part, and  ends in
> Broadway Section 7 in the southmost  segment.
> Though geographically all the sections are the same street, they  are
> officially different in the sense that the numbering of  buildings
> restarts in each section. So it is important to specify  the section
> number when writing someone's address."
> 
> Based on this description, this would be best solved by having an A7
> designation, as it is hierarchically strictly below A6 (street).
> 
> Henning
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:16:07 -0500

> to interpret these fields.

Schema can have embedded documentation. Wouldn't it make sense to just 
use this feature?

Or are you looking for embedding a "dear recipient of this PIDF-LO, 
here's a web page with a general description of the data items". 
Unfortunately, any time you add a URL like that, this also adds a 
security exposure, as this URL might contain a reference to goatse.cx or 
worse.

Henning