Subject: Re: [Geopriv] SHP files to GML?

From: Michael Haberler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:04:11 +0100

At 02:34 19.11.2005, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

>Does anybody know of an open source tool that can parse shape (known
>also as SHP, ESRI ArcView, among other names) files and generate GML?

PostGis (Postgresql GIS extension) both has a loader for shape files 
(shp2pgsql) and supports GML conversion at the SQL level, as well as 
any projection conceivable through the builtin proj4 funcions.

Here's an example: the shape of the Vienna (Austria, that is) calling 
area exported as in  GML in EPSG:4326 projection (lat/lon):

- here's how you obtain and load the shapefile: 
http://mah.priv.at/gis/43-callingarea-postgis.html
- psql statement: 'select on_name, AsGML(transform(the_geom,4326)) 
from areacode where onkz = 1; '
- result: http://mah.priv.at/gis/result.gml

-Michael

IMV PostGIS is the best storage/query platform for GIS related data 
when you're looking for open source. On my linux playbox determining 
the calling area given a coordinate takes less than 50ms without any tuning.

>Thanks.
>
>_______________________________________________
>Geopriv mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv