Subject: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO Profile and LCI Uncertainty

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:27:00 -0500

Hi All,

Martin Thomson has raised some serious concerns with the encoding and
decoding required for geodetic LCI as described in RFC-3825.

These concerns have not been adequately addressed. Appendix A of the
PIDF-LO profile draft describes how to create a PIDF-LO based on LCI
data and the encoding described in RFC-3825.

My concern is that the decoding algorithm as described in 3825 may
result in significant errors being introduced to the reported location,
without this being the intent of the Target. Consequently I think we
would be negligent to include the current Appendix in the PIDF-LO
profile draft. If this work is deemed to be necessary I believe that it
would be better addressed in a draft that clarifies and addresses the
concerns raised with the LCI encoding/decoding techniques.

Cheers

James 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:52:43 -0400

> concerns raised with the LCI encoding/decoding techniques.

At the very least, documenting the issue in an appendix I think would be 
worthwhile.

-andy