Subject: RE: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO Profile outstanding issues

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:46:43 -0500

Since I have not seen any comment on the proposed changes below I will
go ahead and make them and then submit the document early next week for
movement towards WGLC.

________________________________

From: Winterbottom, James [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, 25 March 2006 4:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] PIDF-LO Profile outstanding issues

Hi All,

At the meeting yesterday there really wasn't time to go through the two
outstanding issues for the PIDF-LO profile draft so I would like to post
them here, and describe our proposed solutions.

1)   Recommendation to restrict Polygon to 16 points when using it to
express your location for real-time routing based applications.
This was discussed the list prior to the meeting in relation to the
GeoShape draft. My recollection was that a general consensus was that
people were okay with the restriction as long as it was not in the
schema. So PIDF-LO profile seems the right place to put it.

2)   Recommendations for shapes types appropriate for emergency calling.
Again this document seems to be the right place to put it. My preference
here would be to restrict the acceptable shape for emergency calling to
a circle or sphere, as this will allow interop certainly with existing
emergency service systems.

Please provide feedback on these last two issues so that I can make the
draft reflect the general opinion of the WG.

Cheers

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. 
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original. Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
[mf2]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv