Subject: [Geopriv] New draft on extensions to pidf-lo object

From: "Desineni, Harikishan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:27:08 -0700

Folks,

Please review the following draft on proposed extensions to the pidf-lo
object.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hdesinen-geopriv-pidflo-extn-0
0.txt

Abstract: The Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)
   specification provides a flexible and versatile means to represent
   location information.  The XML Schema presented in this memo extends
   the 'geopriv' element defined in PIDF-LO with a complex XML element
   called "device-loc-capabilities".  A device can specify this element
   inside a 'geopriv' element to communicate the position determination
   methods and the location solutions supported by it to a location
   server.  Knowledge of the device's location capabilities can permit a
   server along the path of an emergency voice over IP call to
immediately     initiate position determination update procedures when
needed.

Thanks,
Hari D

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv