Subject: [Geopriv] Speed in LOs

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:58:42 -0400

I found http://www.geoplace.com/uploads/FeatureArticle/0603gml.asp and
http://www.geoplace.com/uploads/FeatureArticle/0505gml.asp

as vaguely related to the discussion.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Carl Reed OGC Account" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 12:11:43 -0600

Two thoughts.

1. Perhaps the GML gurus have some thoughts on this topic. So I forwarded a 
couple of the emails from this discussion to them.
2. The OGC has a group of members, including deCarta (formerly TelContar), 
TeleAtlas, MapInfo, ESRI, AutoDesk, and Oracle, working on a common 
interface definition for navigation and tracking. Below my signature is a 
short description of some of this work related to OGC Web Services 4.0

Hopefully, there is some good guidance that is appropriate and related to 
this discussion.

Cheers

Carl

The OpenGIS Location Services (OpenLS) comprise an open platform for 
position access and location-based applications targeting mobile terminals. 
The OpenLS feature set is defined by "Core Services and Abstract Data Types 
(ADT)" that comprise this platform. The services are defined in two OGC 
specifications that are now in the RFC stage within OGC TC. The focus of 
OpenLS in OWS-4 will be to refine and test the design developed in OWS-3. We 
also hope to further develop the Micro-Features prototype. In addition, we 
will look at SOAP messaging rather than an OpenLS-specific request-response 
structure as a way to simplify the specification and. The following is an 
outline of the range of OWS-4 experiments expected:

  1.. Refine and test the Tracking Service: a. Core functionality b. 
Extensions to the Presentation Service if and as needed to support dynamic 
display of positions from the Tracking Service c. Extensions to the 
Presentation Service to include 3D views as well as maps d. Creation of a 
new service or extensions to the Navigation Service to include indoor and 
pedestrian navigation
  2.. Refine the "Micro Maps" protocol.
  3.. Define an alternative request/response structure using SOAP messaging 
and WSDL service descriptions