Subject: [Fwd: [Geopriv] Presence & Geopriv Authorization Policies]

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:58:38 -0400

wouldn't it be great to receive a response?

Ciao
Hannes

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [Geopriv] Presence & Geopriv Authorization Policies
Datum: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:52:52 +0200
Von: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
An: GEOPRIV <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

In Section 3.3.2.15 draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-07.txt provides a
rule that provides the ability for a rule make to disclose all presence
information with a single element. Here is the text:

"
3.3.2.15.  Provide All Attributes

    This permission grants access to all presence attributes in all of
    the person, device and tuple elements that are present in the
    document (the ones present in the document are determined by the
    <provide-persons>, <provide-devices> and <provide-services>
    permissions).  It is effectively a macro that expands into a set of
    provide-activities, provide-class, provide-deviceID, provide-mood,
    provide-place-is, provide-place-type, provide-privacy, provide-
    relationship, provide-sphere, provide-status-icon, provide-time-
    offset, provide-user-input, provide-note and provide-unknown-
    attribute permissions such that each presence attribute in the
    document has a permission for it.  This implies that, so long as an
    entire person, service or device occurrence is provided, every single
    presence attribute, including ones not known to the server and/or
    defined in future presence document extensions, is granted to the
    watcher.
"

Now, what happens when location information is combined with presence?
Consider the following rule set:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cr:ruleset
    xmlns:pr="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pres-rules"
    xmlns:cr="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:common-policy"
    <cr:rule id="ck81">
      <cr:transformations>
        <pr:provide-all-attributes>true</pr:provide-all-attributes>
      </cr:transformations>
    </cr:rule>
</cr:ruleset>

Would this rule disclose also location information when location is used
in combination with presence?

In my opinion location information would not be disclosed based on the
<provide-all-attributes> element. I would, however, like to hear what
other folks think.

The last sentence of the above-menioned paragraph confused me a bit.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:03:36 -0400

My opinion: I think we need a way to truly say "everything", as I may  
want this rule to allow a bot of mine to subscribe to the whole set,  
extensions and all, for example. Thus, I do believe that this  
permission should include all PIDF elements, including PIDF-LO, RPID  
and whatever else comes down the pike.