Subject: [Geopriv] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.txt

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:44:59 -0400

Note that we have released a new version of location conveyance.

This edition has some significant changes and rewrites.  Your comments would
be appreciated. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol Location Conveyance
	Author(s)	: J. Polk, B. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-8-31
	
This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation 
   Protocol (SIP) to convey geographic location information from one 
   SIP entity to another SIP entity.  The extension covers end to end 
   conveyance as well as location-based routing, where proxy servers 
   make routing decisions based on the location of the UAC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.tx
t

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-04.txt
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:07:53 -0500

Here is a highlevel list of the changes that have been made from the SIP WG 
version -03 to this version -04:

    - removed the inappropriate 2119 language from the Requirements section 
(which is now an appendix in the back, but will stay in the final version 
as a point of history of the doc)

    - removed the old Section 2., which was a "Location in a header vs. in 
a body" artifact from the original versions of the document. That subject 
is no longer current.

    - Added a new Geopriv (or Privacy) Considerations section, and 
interwove critical to know Geopriv points into the Intro

    - Changed the ABNF to reflect discussion on how restrictive the 
location-by-reference schemes should be, with an added "Editor's Note" 
discussing the issues being faced on this point.

    - Changed the "Location" header and option-tag to "Geolocation" header 
and option-tag, due to it being pointed out that there is a conflicting 
HTTP header called "Location".

    - Added a new element to PIDF-LO 'routing-query-allowed', which will 
"update" RFC 4119

    - Stipulated the Reason Header can be used in the 424 Response Message. 
This is allowed in 3326, but not normally how Reason is used.

    - added SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY as Methods for location conveyance when 
used to dereference a sip:, sips: or pres: location-by-reference URI

    - Added OPTIONS Method for a UAC to request the location of a UAS with 
a Require header geolocation option-tag.

At 02:44 PM 9/1/2006 -0400, Brian Rosen wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
>