Subject: [Geopriv] Geopriv & Common Policy Draft

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:34:51 -0400

Hi all,

in a discussion with a co-worker (Johnny Vrancken) who investigated our 
work in relationship with the OMA presence work. We noticed a problem.

In Section 8.5 of draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-08.txt we use the
<geospatial-loc-transformation> element to restrict the resolution of 
the geospatial location information to the value provided in the 
<latitude-resolution>, <longitude-resolution> and <altitude-resolution> 
child elements.

However, Section 10.2 of the Common Policy document specifies set 
values, boolean values and integer values for the combining permissions 
algorithm.

The combining permissions algorithm does not specify the treatment of 
real-typed values.

Although it is not a big deal I think we need to update Section 10.2 of 
the Common Policy document.

What does the group think?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 04:00:26 -0400

I agree that it would be good to also specify an ordering for reals,  
or, simpler, have one that applies to any numeric value, integer or  
real.

On Sep 23, 2006, at 5:34 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in a discussion with a co-worker (Johnny Vrancken) who investigated  
> our work in relationship with the OMA presence work. We noticed a  
> problem.
>
> <geospatial-loc-transformation> element to restrict the resolution  
> of the geospatial location information to the value provided in the  
> <latitude-resolution>, <longitude-resolution> and <altitude- 
> resolution> child elements.
>
> values, boolean values and integer values for the combining  
> permissions algorithm.
>
> The combining permissions algorithm does not specify the treatment  
> of real-typed values.
>
> Although it is not a big deal I think we need to update Section  
> 10.2 of the Common Policy document.
>