Subject: [Geopriv] In SD, the first round is on me.

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:09:53 -0400

All,

I have received a couple of private email messages stating concern  
for the level of discourse on the GEOPRIV mailing list.  At times, it  
has gotten heated and boisterous.  This is the fault of no single  
person, and none of it has come close to honorable mention status for  
the IETF hall of shameful moments (trust me, I co-chaired MARID).   
Simply stated, IETF activities are known for the rough-and-tumble in  
their back-and-forth.

In another, unrelated incident this week, I witnessed an egregious  
act of such high incompetence from a fellow professional that I was  
forced to resort to walking the ramps of a parking deck in order to  
avoid delivering violence and other unprofessional behavior.  So what  
you may have witnessed may be no be good, but there is a lot more  
room for bad.

My recommendation for the GEOPRIV mailing list participants is much  
the same, though.  Unplug your computers, take the weekend off, kiss  
your spouse, hug your children, and relax.  This is a good, well  
behaved working group (by IETF standards).  We will all regroup next  
week in the spirit of collaboration.

In the meantime, perhaps we ought to think about a GEOPRIV/ECRIT "bar  
BoF" for the San Diego IETF.  I think it could do us some good.  I'll  
buy the first round.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:24:07 -0400

> BoF" for the San Diego IETF.  I think it could do us some good.  I'll
2nd