Subject: FW: [Geopriv] RFC 4676 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4and DHCPv6) Option for Civic Addresses Configuration Information

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:14:11 -0400

Yay!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 4:00 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 4676 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCPv4and DHCPv6) Option for Civic Addresses Configuration Information

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4676

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4 
                    and DHCPv6) Option for Civic Addresses 
                    Configuration Information 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45208
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-civil-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4676.txt

This document specifies a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4
and DHCPv6) option containing the civic location of the client or the
DHCP server.  The Location Configuration Information (LCI) includes
information about the country, administrative units such as states,
provinces, and cities, as well as street addresses, postal community
names, and building information.  The option allows multiple
renditions of the same address in different scripts and languages.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:38:58 -0400

For the record: The initial version of this draft was published on 
December 5, 2002 (-00).