Subject: [Geopriv] Comments for draft-polk-geopriv-location-based-error-registry-00.txt

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:41:18 +0100

Hi James,

I think that the errors listed in Section 3 are useful. They should be 
copied into the Location Conveyance draft.

Section 4:

I still cannot get comfortable with the idea of putting error codes from 
  LoST into a SIP message and to return it to the end host (or whatever 
entity). To me this seems to make everything complicated. If you want to 
  make the network todo something instead of doing the same 
functionality at the end host where the semantic is richer then you have 
to deal with the consequences.

For the emergency services cases this is anyway not particularly useful 
since you cannot expect the end host to perform any useful actions based 
on the returned errors.

For the non-emergency services cases you might not only need to deal 
with LoST but also with many other protocols that get invoked by the 
proxy. Do you want to "tunnel" these protocols back and forth to some 
other nodes as well.

My suggestion: Delete Section 4.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv