Subject: [Geopriv] Note on Possible IPR Issues

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:58:47 -0800

I'm sending this note to make geopriv participants aware that two 
patents were recently pointed out to the chairs.  One, US2006161967, 
might have applicability to location signing and L7.  The second, 
US2006135177, might have applicability to much of geopriv, especially 
policy and privacy rules.  I do not personally know if these patents 
apply or not.  We've been told informally by one of the inventors 
that they do not, but are trying to get the owners of these patents 
to either file a statement saying that they do not apply to geopriv, 
or a declaration of their applicability and terms, per IETF IPR 
rules.  If the owners do not do so, a third-party declaration will be 
filed regarding these just to have the existence of these patents on 
record.

As an IPR reminder -- RFC 3979 -- 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_disclosure.cgi

If you know about IPR relevant to the technology and you are 
participating, you have to disclose.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv