Subject: [Geopriv] Review of draft-marshall-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-00

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:26:05 -0600

Hi Roger,

I have a few questions/comments on this draft all currently pertaining
to requirements in section 5.

Rq4.  Private Location Reference Id.:  The dereferencing protocol
      MUST support the encryption of a location reference identifier.

[AJW] What exactly is this requirements getting at? Is this basically
saying that the identifier has to be some kind of unlined pseudonym?
That is, it may be [email-masked]. If the
intent is to have a fully encrypted reference including the domain, then
it is not clear to me how this would work.

Rq11.  De-referenced PIDF-LO Result:  The dereferencing of an LRI
      MUST result in a well-formed PIDF-LO.

[AJW] The motivation only seems to talk about this applying to privacy
rules. It may be worthwhile adding a reference to PIDF-LO profile or
something of that ilk to show what well-formed means in terms of
location inclusion.

Rq12.  Expiry of de-referenced Location:  The de-referenced location,
      in PIDF-LO format, MUST include a configurable expiry timer to
      signal the point after which the PIDF-LO contained location is no
      longer considered usable.

[AJW] Is this saying that the location itself expires, or that the
permission granted to the recipient allowing them to hold the location
has expired?

If it is the latter (and this is how I interpreted the motivation), then
the requirement is basically saying that though shalt use the
<retention-expiry> field as described in RFC-4119. If this is the case,
then maybe the requirement can be more direct.

If it is the former then there isn't really a field currently defined,
as the timestamp element in the base PIDF document doesn't really
accommodate this need. Some clarification would help.

Cheers
James
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv