Subject: [Geopriv] draft-marshall-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-01

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:09:11 -0800

Is there a requirement for the LR to be asynchronously notified about  
location changes for an LRI that has not expired and that the LR  
dereferences?

Cullen <with my individual hat on>

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:38:50 -0400

I don't know of any such requirement, but it wouldn't be inconsistent 
with the existing requirements: I think concept of a "dereference 
protocol" discussed in the requirements is large enough to cover both 
synchronous and asynchronous delivery.  And I don't think any of the 
requirements contradict an asynchronous model.

--RB

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:44:33 +0100

Hi Richard,

this issue was actually subject for a long debate given that we have two 
protocols for dereferencing on the table, SIP and HTTP.
We obviously came to no conclusion on the requirements.

Ciao
Hannes