Subject: [Geopriv] small comment on draft-ietf-geopriv-pidf-lo-profile-07.txt

From: "Karl Heinz Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:51:46 +0200

Hi!

I have a question about 5.2.8 Prism:

   A prism may be used to represent a section of a building or range of
   floors of building.  The prism extrudes a polygon by providing a
   height element.  It consists of a base made up of coplanar 3 points
   defined in 3 dimensions all at the same altitude.  The prism is then
   an extrusion from this base to the value specified in the height
   element.  If the height is negative, then the prism is extruded from
   the top down, while a positive height extrudes from the bottom up.
   The first and last points of the polygon have to be the same.

So the base is made up of 3 points and the first and the last point is
the same? Having 3 points where the first and third point are the same
would just give a straight line, I don`t think this was the intended
meaning of the text. At least this is confusing.

Thanks,
Karl Heinz Wolf

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 05:01:40 -0500

Hi Karl,

Thanks for pointing this one out, we had actually already caught it
already for the 08 draft. It should just read as "coplanar points
defined in 3 dimensions".

Cheers
James

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Karl Heinz Wolf [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, 25 June 2007 5:52 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Geopriv] small comment on
draft-ietf-geopriv-pidf-lo-profile-
> 07.txt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]