Subject: [Geopriv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GEOPRIV Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol; Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-04.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-8-29
	
This document provides a problem statement, lists requirements and
   captures design aspects for a Geopriv Layer 7 Location Configuration
   Protocol L7 (LCP).  This protocol aims to allow an end host to obtain
   location information, by value or by reference, from a Location
   Information Server (LIS) that is located in the access network.  The
   obtained location information can then be used for a variety of
   different protocols and purposes.  For example, it can be used as
   input to the Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) or to
   convey location within SIP to other entities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:51:39 +0200

I believe the work on this document is done. Based on the substantial 
changes I think it is necessary to issue another WGLC.

With the recent draft update we
* changed the terminology from LCS to LIS
* incorporated Guy Caron's comment regarding "Access Network".

Ciao
Hannes

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>