Subject: FW: [Geopriv] RFC3825 encoder/decoder available

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:13:06 -0500

Hi All,

At the IETF meeting in Chicago I took an action to provide comments from
people that have actually implemented encoding tools for RFC-3825. Below
is the email that Klaus Darilion posted to the mailing list in May.

For those people that don't want to visit the website, the comments
provided by the implementors are as follows:

Author comments 

- RFC 3825 leaves many aspects undefined. 

- draft-ietf-geopriv-binary-lci-00.txt tries to clarify things but
failed, e.g. the conversion of the resolution from binary to decimal is
very strange 

- draft-thomson-geopriv-3825bis-00 is a real help and clarifies things,
but unfortunately not yet an WG item. 

I think that this leaves little doubt that the current binary LCI
document is inadequate. I would urge Klaus to post a few more comments
around his concerns. 

Cheers

James

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Darilion [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, 21 May 2007 10:25 PM
To: GEOPRIV
Subject: [Geopriv] RFC3825 encoder/decoder available

Hi!

I've written RFC 3825 encoder/decoder tools. 

http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=529

For documentation please see the INSTALL and README files.

Also start the tools without parameters and you will get a help screen.

comments are appreciated

regards

klaus

_______________________________________________

Geopriv mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv