Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:10:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2007-09-28

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information either by-value or by-reference.  The protocol
is an application-layer protocol that is independent of session-
layer; an HTTP, web services binding is specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:46:51 -0500

Hi all,

The changes to the document reflect the conclusions/consensus on the
responseTime and the locationType.  The following summarizes the
changes:

1) Updated description and definition for responseTime to include type
of service (emergencyRouting or emergencyDispatch).  One important note
here is that the current definition is not easily extensible.  
2) Removed jurisdicationalCivic and postalCivic from the locationType,
leaving just civic.
3) Simplified the error processing. Rather than the error and
locationResponse sharing the same type, a new errorType has been
defined, thus there's no longer a code for "success" nor does the
locationResponse contain a code.  
4) Clarified that locationType is optional with "any" being the default
- there were some inconsistencies between table 1 and sections 5.2 and
6.2.  
5) Updated terminology (i.e., using "LIS" rather than "LCS") and removed
all duplicate definitions, which resulted in no new terms defined in
this document, since they're defined and/or commonly used elsewhere.  
6) Updated the schema and examples based on all the other changes.
7) Updated the appendix A to reflect the last requirements and problem
statement document (specifically A.1, A.3 and adding A.10). 
8) Lots of miscellaneous editorial changes/clarifications based on
detailed WG feedback (Hannes, Barbara, Carl and Shida). If I missed
anyone's comments let me know.  I made the mistake of caching those
emails in the same folder as the debate on responseTime and
locationType, thus I may have missed some. 

Mary.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 11:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2007-09-28

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information either by-value or by-reference.  The protocol is an
application-layer protocol that is independent of session- layer; an
HTTP, web services binding is specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-02.txt

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-02.txt".

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:03:02 -0500

Thanks Mary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]