Subject: [Geopriv] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-09

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:28:55 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-09.txt has been successfuly submitted by James Winterbottom and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile
Revision:	 09
Title:		 GEOPRIV PIDF-LO Usage Clarification, Considerations and Recommendations
Creation_date:	 2007-10-01
WG ID:		 geopriv
Number_of_pages: 31

Abstract:
The Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)
specification provides a flexible and versatile means to represent
location information.  There are, however, circumstances that arise
when information needs to be constrained in how it is represented.
In these circumstances the range of options that need to be
implemented are reduced.  There is growing interest in being able to
use location information contained in a PIDF-LO for routing
applications.  To allow successful interoperability between
applications, location information needs to be normative and more
tightly constrained than is currently specified in the RFC 4119
(PIDF-LO).  This document makes recommendations on how to constrain,
represent and interpret locations in a PIDF-LO.  It further
recommends a subset of GML that is mandatory to implement by
applications involved in location based routing.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv