Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:10:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2007-11-17

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information either by-value or by-reference.  The protocol
is an application-layer protocol that is independent of session-
layer.  This document describes the use of Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) as a delivery mechanism for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:14:09 -0600

Hi all,

This version incorporates the recent WG discussion on the issue with the
IP address as the identifier with NATs/VPNs. It also incorporates the
comments from Guy Caron that I missed on the -02 version. There are also
some minor changes to the schema and the removal of the WSDL, per the
recent discussion.  Here's a summary of the changes:

1) Added text to address concern over use of IP address as device
identifier, per long email thread -changes to section 3 (overview) and
section 4 (protocol overview).  
2) Removed WSDL (section 8 updated, section 8.1 and 10.4 removed)
3) Added extensibility to baseRequestType in the schema (an oversight
from previous edits), along with fixing some other nits in schema
(section 7)
4) Moved discussion of Location URI from section 5.3 (Location Response)
to where it rightly belonged in Section 6.5 (Location URI Parameter).
5) Clarified text for  "expires" parameter (6.5.1) - it's an optional
parm, but required for LocationURIs
6) Clarified responseTime parameter (section 6.1): when missing, then
the LCS provides most precise LI, with the time required being
implementation specific.
7) Clarified that the MUST use in section 8 (HTTP binding) is a MUST
implement.
8) Updated references (removed unused/added new).

Regards,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2007-11-17

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information either by-value or by-reference.  The protocol is an
application-layer protocol that is independent of session- layer.  This
document describes the use of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) as a
delivery mechanism for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-03.txt

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-03.txt".

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers