Subject: [Geopriv] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec-02]

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:26:06 -0500

Hi all,

We have posted an updated version of draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec.  This 
draft attempts to address security considerations at a geopriv-wide 
scale.  That is, we take a broader scope than the presence architecture 
described in RFC 3693 and 3694, to include things like DHCP, LLDP-MED, 
and even perhaps the GEO URI.

This document describes a framework for policy-based location 
dissemination and derives from that framework a set of security 
assurances. that may be required by each participant in the process.  We 
then describe the security features that individual protocols must 
support in order to provide those assurances.

We hope that this document can act as a guide or template for new 
protocols.  That is, protocol authors could simply go down the list of 
assurances in the document, and for each one, either explain how they 
meet the requirements for that assurance or state that they don't 
provide that assurance.  Note that this means that the requirements are 
not hard requirements in the traditional sense that they MUST be 
satisfied; they're conditional requirements, in the sense that they MUST 
be satisfied to provide a given assurance.

We look forward to feedback on the list and in Philadelphia.

Thanks,
--Richard

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec-02
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:19:29 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec-02.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Security Requirements for the Geopriv Location System
Creation_date:	 2008-02-25
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 29

Abstract:
Internet protocols that deal with presence-based location objects
support a wide variety of applications.  However, the dissemination
of location objects from sources of location to consumers is a common
feature of all location-based applications.  In order to enable the
development of broadly-applicable security and privacy mechanisms for
dissemination of location objects, this document describes an end-to-
end architecture for policy-constrained location distribution.  In
this architecture, location distribution is accomplished by a set of
distributed actors.  We describe the assurances that these actors
require from the architecture, and derive more a more detailed
description of the security features required to provide those
assurances.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv