Subject: [Geopriv] draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-00

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:48:07 -0600

Geopriv

I've just posted a new version of

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-00

This is the first WG version

Here are the changes, in no particular order:

o  I created an IANA registry for the valid URI schemes (or Types) 
this Option can use. This list (and subsequent registry) can be 
expanded here, or over time in separate docs

o  I removed the UTF-8 vs. 16 comment as an open item

o  removed "LbyR" from the doc and replaced it with Location-URI, 
since I am having trouble understanding how LbyR is now "a 
mechanism", and not "a URI" according to several recent messages to 
the list.  "Location-URI" is safer and remains correct.

o  removed all text about clients connected to the same AP get the 
same Location-URI, due to the list confusion of whether each 
Location-URI actually needs a random string or a unique string (and 
how long that string needs to be unique)

o  clarified that the Location-URI comes from the LIS function, and 
that DHCP is an intermediary that doesn't change the Location-URI 
towards the Client.

o  mentioned that policies (or credential and/or permissions) applied 
to how a Location Seeker gets access to anything other than default 
policies at the LIS is outside the scope of this doc (since this will 
not be done via DHCP)

o  Inspired by text Richard Barnes wrote, I rewrote the Security 
Considerations section, though not exactly how he had in mind  ;-)
	- it's still much better than it was

Comments on any of these are welcome, or you can wait until I present 
this in Philly and throw darts and arrows and stones and chairs... 
and have some real fun!

;-)

James

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv