Subject: [Geopriv] bug in draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-11.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:51:19 -0500

I was perusing:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-11.txt

and noticed a bug. The spec (thankfully) allows pidf-lo to be a child of 
<device> and <person> in addition to the existing <tuple>. The text and 
examples show something like this:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
          xmlns:dm="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model"
          xmlns:gp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:geopriv10"
          xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
          xmlns:cl="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:geopriv10:civicAddr"
          entity="pres:[email-masked]">
        <dm:device id="mikepc">
          <status>

which includes <status> as a child of <device>.

However, the presence data model (RFC4479) does *not* define <status> as 
a child of either <device> or <tuple>. Indeed the spec talks about why 
this was dropped - since its really hard to separate what is dynamic 
(and thus a status) from what is static (and thus a characteristic). The 
usage of <status> is only in <tuple>.

Thus this document needs to be updated to remove any references to 
<tuple> as child of <device> or <person>.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:38:33 -0600

Thanks Jonathon,

This will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers
James

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of Jonathan Rosenberg
Sent: Fri 3/7/2008 2:51 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Geopriv] bug in draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-11.txt
 
I was perusing:

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]