Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-06.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2008-04-09

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The
protocol is an extensible application-layer protocol that is
independent of session-layer.  This document describes the use of
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) as a transport for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 20:56:01 -0500

Hi all,

This version addresses all the comments received during the 2nd WGLC,
which were subsequently discussed on the mailing list.  

The following summarizes the major changes:
1) Updated security section based on WG feedback, including
   condensing section 10.1.1 (Assuring the proper LIS has been
   contacted), restructuring sections by flattening, adding an
   additional step to the list that had been in the Accuracy section and
   removing summary section.

2) Changed URI schema to "helds" to address concerns over referential
   integrity and for consistency with mandate of TLS for HELD.

3) Editorial clarifications including fixing examples to match HELD
   URI definition (e.g., adding port, adding randomness/query to URI
examples,
   etc.)

4) Updated references removing unused references and moving
   requirements docs to Informational Reference section to avoid
   downrefs. 

The document should now be ready to forward to the AD for progression. 

Regards,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-06.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-06.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2008-04-09

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) as a transport for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-06.txt

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:33:07 -0500

All -

As discussed on-list, I'm planning to pub-request this version of this  
document. I've heard no dissent.
If you don't think this is the right thing to do, speak now!

RjS

On Apr 9, 2008, at 8:56 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:

> is

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:45:48 -0500

hrmm - seeing some nits that may need to be cleaned still - will work  
with Mary and report back shortly.

RjS

On Apr 10, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:

> All -
>
> As discussed on-list, I'm planning to pub-request this version of  
> this document. I've heard no dissent.