Subject: Re: [Geopriv] Review ofdraft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-05.txt

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:30:33 -0500

Two small comments below.

> "
> The following are examples of held:
>    URIs:
> 
> 
>      held://ls.example.com:49152/thisLocation?token=xyz987
>      held://ls.example.com/THISLOCATION
>      held://ls.example.com/THISlocation
>      held://ls.example.com/civic
> "
> 
> These aren't good examples given that we state in another place that
> the
> 
> URIs should contain a random component. Hence, in the typical case
they
> will be random.
> 
> I don't understand the first URI example.
> 
> [MB] The first one is an error leftover from the original URI
> definition. "token" should be "query" per comment above. I agree the
> examples could use improvement, adding the random component, which was
> the point of the token in the first one (i.e., something only
> potentially meaningful to the LIS). [/MB]
> 

Mary, given your previous answer that explains what query is and does,
I'm surprised at this response.  "query" is the name of the ABNF chunk,
not a string that gets inserted in the response.  This can be virtually
anything, see 3986:

      query       = *( pchar / "/" / "?" )

That means that the first example is totally valid as are:

  held://ls.example.com:1234/foo?bar
  held://ls.example.com:1234/foo?bar=x
  held://ls.example.com:1234/foo?bar=x&cheese
  held://ls.example.com:1234/food?ham&eggs?/?/?/?/?

On a related note, and I've made this point before and apologies if you
have already answered it, the port should be mandatory since we don't
have a default value.  The examples and ABNF need to reflect this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:47:20 -0500

Martin is correct! My mistake as I rushed to complete my response to
that email this morning before a 10 a.m. meeting. 

I also don't have that port comment in my queue, but will make that
change in the -06.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Mary.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomson, Martin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:31 PM
To: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00); Hannes Tschofenig
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Geopriv] Review
ofdraft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-05.txt

they

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of this email is
prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
[mf2]