Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2008-09-08

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The
protocol is an extensible application-layer protocol that is
independent of session-layer.  This document describes the use of
HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer
Security (HTTP/TLS) as transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:50:06 -0500

Hi all,

The following summarizes the changes to the document per the most recent
mailing list discussions:
1) Removed heldref/heldrefs URIs, including fixing examples (which
   were buggy anyways).

2) Clarified text for locationURI - specifying that the deref
   protocol must define or appropriately restrict and clarifying that
   requirements for deref must be met and that deref details are out of
   scope for this document.

3) Clarified text in security section for support of both HTTP/HTTPS.

4) Changed definition for Location Type to force the specification of
   at least one location type.

The diff from the -08 is fairly small (with the exception of course of
the removal of the URI schemas).

I believe the document does require re-review by the sec-dir and gen-art
reviewers before progressing and obviously anyone in the WG that might
have additional feedback within the context of the proposed way forward:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/geopriv/current/msg06234.html

Thanks, 
Mary.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 12:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2008-09-08

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-09.txt

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:05:50 +0200

Mary Barnes wrote:
> ...

Looking at 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09#section-10.1>:

          GET https://lis.example.com:49152/location HTTP/1.1
          Accept:application/held+xml,
              application/xml;q=0.8,
              text/xml;q=0.7
          Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*

Shouldn't that be:

          GET /location HTTP/1.1
          Host: lis.example.com:49152
          Accept:application/held+xml,
              application/xml;q=0.8,
              text/xml;q=0.7
          Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*

Furthermore, the Accept-Charset header looks bogus: where's the point in 
specifying it anyway, if any charset is acceptable?

BR, Julian

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 08:22:56 -0500

Hi Julian,

Yep - that should be changed - something I missed in the last round of
changes (it was originally as you suggested before we started creating
new URIs).  I will also fix the Accept-Charset.

Thanks,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Reschke [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 2:06 AM
To: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Cc: [email-masked]; Ben Campbell
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09.txt

Mary Barnes wrote:
> The following summarizes the changes to the document per the most 
> recent mailing list discussions:

Looking at
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-09
#section-10.1>:

Shouldn't that be:

          GET /location HTTP/1.1

BR, Julian