Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Implications of 'retransmission-allowed' for SIP Location Conveyance
	Author(s)       : J. Peterson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2008-10-26

This document explores an ambiguity in the interpretation of the
<retransmission-allowed> element of the Presence Information Data
Format for Location Objects (PIDF-LO) in cases where PIDF-LO is
conveyed by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It provides
recommendations for how the SIP location conveyance mechanism should
adapt to these ambiguities.

Documents standardizing the SIP location conveyance mechanisms will
be standards-track documents processed according to the usual SIP
process.  This document is intended primarily to provide the SIP
working group with a statement of the consensus of the GEOPRIV
working group on this topic.  It secondarily provides tutorial
information on the problem space for the general reader.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:28:23 -0500

This version of the draft makes it clearer that GEOPRIV is not  
mandating a particular syntax and adjusts the text around its B2BUA  
recommendations.

I am not currently planning to issue another Working group last call  
on this document. If you expressed concern with the previous document,  
please read it and comment on list if you feel your concerns have not  
been addressed. (James - would you, in particular, revisit your  
concerns about the B2BUA language given the text in this document?)

RjS

On Oct 27, 2008, at 1:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> <mime-attachment>_______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:50:29 -0500

I included more recipients than I meant in the message below. Please  
take care to prune the recipient list if you "reply all" to it. (If  
you need to use Reply-All, reply to this message instead).

Apologies for the extra noise.

RjS

On Oct 27, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:

> on this document. If you expressed concern with the previous  
> document, please read it and comment on list if you feel your  
> concerns have not been addressed. (James - would you, in particular,  
> revisit your concerns about the B2BUA language given the text in  
> this document?)
>
> RjS
>
>

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:29:19 -0500

>concerns about the B2BUA language given the text in this document?)

why certainly...

I have written my own draft about this topic (coming shortly)

Bottom line, I still consider the new header recommendation and the 
B2BUA language, although better, still concerning enough to consider 
it undesirable - given its implications to SIP.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:57:45 -0500

By shortly, you its going into the queue sometime today?

RjS

On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:29 PM, James M. Polk wrote:

>> document,
>>>        Title           : Implications of 'retransmission-allowed'  
>>> for SIP
>>> Location Conveyance

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:24:00 -0500

>By shortly, you its going into the queue sometime today?

within minutes

>>>>        Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo- retransmission-01.txt
>>>>        Pages           : 13
>>>>        Date            : 2008-10-26
>>>>