Subject: [Geopriv] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-10.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:57:06 -0500

This is the updates based on the proposed changes on this thread - there
was not a single comment, so we're going with the silence is consent
which typically is not ideal BUT the changes are not huge, meaning that
we really didn't reverse past consensus: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/geopriv/current/msg06323.html

The one change I did not make is the first, as that URN registration
that I thought I should add back in is not necessary AFAIK since it was
a holdover from the WSDL stuff that was previously in the doc. If folks
think we need more about HTTP than is already in the doc (discussed in
overview and in it's own "HTTP Binding" section), PLEASE raise your
concerns NOW - i.e., before Minneapolis so we don't spend cycles on this
topic during the meeting and hopefully can move this doc forward.

Thanks,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-10.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-10.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2008-10-29

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:56:27 -0500

Hi Mary,

Thanks for making the changes.  You are correct in your thoughts on the URN registration.

The rest of the changes look good.  As far as I can see, the only potential problem is with a little extra whitespace around the examples.  If that's all we need to worry about, then we should be OK.

Ta,
Martin

> Behalf Of Mary Barnes
> Sent: Friday, 31 October 2008 6:57 AM
> To: GEOPRIV
> Subject: [Geopriv] FW:I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-
> delivery-10.txt
> 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv