Subject: Re: [Geopriv] for those interestedin uncertainty . . .

From: "Carl Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:05:34 -0700

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/urw3/XGR-urw3-20080331/

Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
OGC

The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically

---------------------

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein 
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller 

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Roger Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:47:17 -0800

While the document may work well for the types of use cases enumerated,
it seems to have left out the kind of use cases that is at the core of
many discussions heard on this list.  Other than the one case below,
(bolding is my own), it didn't seem to include anything more specific
with regard to the 'uncertainty' concept around location itself.  Its
examples mostly referred to location as a starting or ending point, and
pointed out the case around uncertainty as the unknown amount of time it
would take to travel from point A to point B to make it to some
appointment.  Too bad, would have like to have seen another use case
which was more applicable to uncertainties around the location itself.
 
<snip
5.14.6 Data Uncertainty
 
Some examples that illustrate the inherent uncertainty of the data
generated in the Healthcare and Life Sciences are enumerated below.
 
    * Approximate location of a clinical feature, e.g, tumor in spatial
location in the human body as captured in radiological image or any
other digital artifact.
/snip>
 
-roger marshall

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Carl Reed
	Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:06 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [Geopriv] for those interestedin uncertainty . . .

	Carl Reed, PhD

	---------------------
	 
	This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive
use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by
return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.
	 
	"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert
Einstein 
	"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller 

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv