Subject: [Geopriv] First draft: Agenda for GEOPRIV at IETF73

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:12:10 -0600

Folks -

Here is a strawman for how to spend the time we have at IETF73.
Apologies if I've missed an agenda request - please ping me again if  
you've asked for time and don't see it here.

We have 2.5 hrs on Tuesday morning.
Here's a suggested agenda for that time:

10m	Administrivia
40m	Finalize any outstanding conversations on sip-lo-retransmission
05m	Update/discussion on http-location-delivery
40m	lis-discovery
05m	civic-address-recommendations
05m	status check on loc-filters
05m	status check on lo-sec/3963 update
20m	discuss cross-area feedback on identifiers
		  (see the thread at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg00192.html)
20m	3rd party access to location information

Parts of draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions are  
spread across the last two items.

I'll flesh this out tomorrow incorporating feedback.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:50:27 +0200

Hi Robert, 
Hi Richard, 

Thanks for putting an interesting agenda together. 

Could you provide more information on how you would like to structure
the discussions for the last 2 items? 

We had hot debates about
draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions at the last IETF
meeting (despite the previous agreement that it should become a working
group item). Then, Ted posted a mail that triggered a very brief
discussion but there was no objection with the way how we plan to make
use of the mechanism described in the document.
 
Ciao
Hannes

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Robert Sparks
>Sent: 04 November, 2008 23:12
>To: GEOPRIV
>Cc: Richard Barnes
>Subject: [Geopriv] First draft: Agenda for GEOPRIV at IETF73
>
>Folks -
>
>Apologies if I've missed an agenda request - please ping me 
>again if you've asked for time and don't see it here.
>
>		  (see the thread at 
>http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg00
>192.html)
>Parts of draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions 
>are spread across the last two items.
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:03:27 -0600

There's a discussion to be had about the kinds of things we are going  
to use as identifiers in general, as
the thread point to on app-discuss is just starting to tease at. That  
conversation will have some impact on
what we might do with the held-identity-extensions draft and probably  
others. I also expect it to provide input
into the next steps on the more  general discussion that you call out  
below.

I hope to frame the conversation a little more in the next iteration  
of the agenda. I also expect we'll start
back into the 3rd party access discussion some on-list before we get  
to Minneapolis.

RjS

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:43:02 -0600

At 08:50 AM 11/5/2008, Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
>group item).

err, when/where did this get agreed to exactly?

>Then, Ted posted a mail that triggered a very brief

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 22:28:25 +0200

Hi Robert, 

>There's a discussion to be had about the kinds of things we 
>are going to use as identifiers in general, as the thread 
>point to on app-discuss is just starting to tease at. That 
>conversation will have some impact on what we might do with 
>the held-identity-extensions draft and probably others. I also 
>expect it to provide input into the next steps on the more  
>general discussion that you call out below.

I took a brief look at the link you provided. I was shocked, I have to
admit. 

>I hope to frame the conversation a little more in the next 
>iteration of the agenda. I also expect we'll start back into 
>the 3rd party access discussion some on-list before we get to 
>Minneapolis.
Very good. 

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:22:56 -0600

Folks -

This is an update to the strawman I sent out yesterday.
Please send your comments/requests for changes in as soon as you can.
(For instance, should we bash in discussion of the draft Mary just  
posted to the list about?)
----

10m	Administrivia/Status

40m	Finalize any outstanding conversations on sip-lo-retransmission  
(Jon Peterson)
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-01.txt

05m	Update/discussion on http-location-delivery (Mary Barnes)
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-10.txt

40m	lis-discovery (Martin Thomson)
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-lis-discovery-04.txt

05m	civic-address-recommendations (Karl Wolf)
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-civic-address-recommendations-00.txt

05m	status check on loc-filters (Brian Rosen)
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-03.txt

05m	status check on lo-sec/3963 update (Richard Barnes)
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec-03.txt
		(Note: this draft has not been updated since before Dublin)

20m	discuss cross-area feedback on identifiers (Robert Sparks)
		http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg00192.html
		http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-07.txt

20m	3rd party access to location information (Robert Sparks)
                 This will be the next steps in making progress on  
discussing if/how we facilitate 3rd party access
                  to location information. Please be familiar with at  
least the following inputs:
		  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-winterbottom-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-07.txt
		  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-linsner-geopriv-obo-00.txt

Also, please be familiar with the following recently updated drafts to  
facilitate short conversations
during the Administrivia/Status section (and hallway discussions):
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-lbyr-requirements-04.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lbyr-uri-option-03.txt

-------
p.s. The links are to the html pages on tools, but have .txt in the  
filename so that the various scripts people have written to build  
their reading lists can find them. The tools server does a reasonable  
thing with these links with the .txt added