Subject: [Geopriv] FW: I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-11.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:24:32 -0500

Here's a summary of the changes - not a lot and easy to review with the
diff:

1) Added additional text around the scope and applicability of the URI
returned from LIS Discovery (section 4). 
2) Removed GET - will always use POST - this results in some minor
changes to the examples and removal of the GET one. 
3) Removed sentence wrt mobile devices in section 6.2.
4) Added specific recommendation for minimum value for expires in
section 6.5.2 (30 Minutes). 
5) Remove reference to RFC  3704 (for IP address spoofing) in section
9.3 (bullet 2).
6) Clarified that both HTTP and HTTPS are allowed - changed last bullet
in section 5.1 from REQUIRES to RECOMMENDS.
7) Clarification wrt "presence" parameter in section 6.6 - a "single"
presence parameter may be included. 

A couple nits remain - I was trying to use the test version of XML2RFC
for the new template and I had some problems - I tried to use what I
thought was a default/basic form and it came out with the old template
(maybe purposeful). I'll look into that and there are a couple
references I should fix - but that's no big deal.

The only stopping point in the way forward is that we've not gotten the
security directorate re-review from Eric.  I will bug him separately and
I'll let the chairs decide if they want to forward as is or await that
review. Based on past experiences with security Ads, they do thorough
reviews and will carefully review the past security reviews and decide
whether they support the past concerns and make their own judgements as
to whether they have been sufficiently resolved.

So, as fair as I can tell from the WG perspective, we are in the
absolute "speak now" or forever hold your peace mode. I will be online
sporadically until the first week of Jan, but can create an update if
necessary so the doc is good to go ASAP. 

Thanks,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv]
I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-11.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-11.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2008-12-16

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv