Subject: [Geopriv] Updated: draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-12.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:42:52 -0600

Hi all,

I have hopefully made the final round of changes in order to get this
doc ready for IESG review. 

The following summarizes the changes:
1) A large number of changes to section 8: HTTP Binding based on
feedback from Lisa Dusseault to ensure that the mandatory aspects of an
HTTP implementation supporting HELD are specified and that the usage of
other features is clarified (or disallowed in some cases).  

2) Added text in section 9.1 of security section with regards to clients
that have external information as to the identity or credentials of the
proper LIS.

3) More nits. 

Regards,
Mary.  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-12.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-12.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2009-01-27

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:03:35 -0600

Thanks Mary, 

Looks like another job well done.

Good work.
::)

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Mary Barnes
> Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2009 2:43 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Geopriv] Updated: draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-
> 12.txt
> 
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv