Subject: [Geopriv] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5491 (1749)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 04:07:12 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5491,
"GEOPRIV Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO) Usage Clarification, Considerations, and Recommendations".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5491&eid=1749

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.2.5,pg.20

Original Text
-------------
     <presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
               xmlns:gp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:geopriv10"
               xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
               xmlns:gs="http://www.opengis.net/pidflo/1.0"
               entity="pres:[email-masked]">
       <tuple id="arcband">
         <status>
           <gp:geopriv>
             <gp:location-info>
               <gs:ArcBand srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326">
                 <gml:pos>-43.5723 153.21760</gml:pos>
                 <gs:innerRadius uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">
                   3594
                 </gs:innerRadius>
                 <gs:outerRadius uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">
                   4148
                 </gs:outerRadius>
                 <gs:startAngle uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9102">
                   20
                 </gs:startAngle>
                 <gs:openingAngle uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9102">
|                  20
                 </gs:openingAngle>
               </gs:ArcBand>
             </gp:location-info>
             <gp:usage-rules/>
             <gp:method>TA-NMR</gp:method>
           </gp:geopriv>
         </status>
         <timestamp>2007-06-22T20:57:29Z</timestamp>
       </tuple>
     </presence>

                 Figure 12: PIDF-LO Containing an Arc Band

   An important note to make on the arc band is that the center point
|  used in the definition of the shape is not included in resulting
   enclosed area, and that Target may be anywhere in the defined area of
   the arc band.

Corrected Text
--------------
     <presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
               xmlns:gp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:geopriv10"
               xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
               xmlns:gs="http://www.opengis.net/pidflo/1.0"
               entity="pres:[email-masked]">
       <tuple id="arcband">
         <status>
           <gp:geopriv>
             <gp:location-info>
               <gs:ArcBand srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326">
                 <gml:pos>-43.5723 153.21760</gml:pos>
                 <gs:innerRadius uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">
                   3594
                 </gs:innerRadius>
                 <gs:outerRadius uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">
                   4148
                 </gs:outerRadius>
                 <gs:startAngle uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9102">
                   20
                 </gs:startAngle>
                 <gs:openingAngle uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9102">
|                  120
                 </gs:openingAngle>
               </gs:ArcBand>
             </gp:location-info>
             <gp:usage-rules/>
             <gp:method>TA-NMR</gp:method>
           </gp:geopriv>
         </status>
         <timestamp>2007-06-22T20:57:29Z</timestamp>
       </tuple>
     </presence>

                 Figure 12: PIDF-LO Containing an Arc Band

   An important note to make on the arc band is that the center point
|  used in the definition of the shape is not included in the resulting
   enclosed area, and that Target may be anywhere in the defined area of
   the arc band.

Notes
-----
a)  The openingAngle in Figure 12 does not match the scenario
    depicted in Figure 11 and described in the text on page 19.
    ==>  s/20/120/

b)  Missing article.

Hint (saving an additional Errata Note):
  In Section 5.2.8 (2nd line on pg.24), another article is missing:
  s/floors of building/floors of a building/

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5491 (draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : GEOPRIV Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO) Usage Clarification, Considerations, and Recommendations
Publication Date    : March 2009
Author(s)           : J. Winterbottom, M. Thomson, H. Tschofenig
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Geographic Location/Privacy
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG