Subject: [Geopriv] I am working on a way of encoding navigation beacons into a RFID enabled Botz Dot...

From: TSG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 17:04:46 -0800

For those of you who dont know, Botz Dots are those lane marker plastic 
dots that are epoxied to the road surface. I want to make them 'active' 
so the car passing over them can read the roadway... The ability to also 
create what I call "ELECTRONIC MONUMENTS" ie electronic versions of the 
location markers which would; have legal precedence, is also a cool part 
of this

The value in doing this as open source is pretty obvious. There are a 
number of powerpoint presentations on this if anyone is interested.

Todd Glassey

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:11:37 -0600

Hi Todd,

I am interested in how you keep the dots in context with one another.
For example, what happens if a dot gets moved or a dot goes missing?

A typical case is when roadwork is being done for example, the dots are
torn up, put into the back of a truck, and then laid down again after
the work is completed. In this case the dots will probably be put down
in any old order and in so doing will destroy any context maps that may
have previously existed.

Would you mind posting a link to your slides?

Cheers
James

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of TSG
Sent: Tuesday, 3 March 2009 12:05 PM
To: GEOPRIV
Subject: [Geopriv] I am working on a way of encoding navigation beacons
into a RFID enabled Botz Dot...

of this

Todd Glassey
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:03:00 -0500 (EST)

Todd -

Check out the various RoadNet activities. The key one is the between the
auto industry and the US DOT.

I have more info back in the office and can provide this info next week.

Regards

Carl Reed
CTO
OGC