Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-14.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2009-05-11

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The
protocol is an extensible application-layer protocol that is
independent of session-layer.  This document describes the use of
HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer
Security (HTTP/TLS) as transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:01:37 -0500

Hi all,

This version of the document incorporates comments from the AD (Cullen)
after the 2nd IETF Last Call.  The changes are not major and hopefully
are non-controversial, but they are beyond editorial, so we do need WG
consensus on these changes. 

It's likely easiest to look at the diff rather than re-review the entire
document:
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-
geopriv-http-location-delivery-13.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/internet-
drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-14.txt

Please provide any feedback ASAP.

Thanks, 
Mary.

------------------------

The following summarizes the changes between the -13 and -14:
1) Section 4.3: Removed reference to location-dereference protocol
document. Generalized statement wrt HELD not meeting all the lbyr
requirements (e.g., cancelling of location references). 

2) Removed section 5.1 (Delivery Protocol) and just left the statement
that this document describes the use of HTTP and that HELD is an
application layer protocol.

3) Section 6.1: "..the LIS should provide the most accurate LI..."  ->
"....the LIS provides the most accurate LI..."  to avoid the inference
of a normative requirement.

4) Section 6.3: clarified "locationUnknown" error code.

5) Section 6.4: changed text to indication that errors can contain
multiple "message" parameters to accommodate errors in different
languages. 

6) Section 7 : updated XML schema to reflect change in error message to
accommodate multiple "message" parameters. Note, a few other changes to
XML schema based on "strict" validation. 

7) Section 8: clarified that redirect should be authenticated if the
Device requires that the redirect server is authenticated.

8) Section 10: 
- updated examples due to updates to XML schema
- removed empty POST example. 

9) Section 11.4: Changed IANA registration for error codes from
"Specification Required" to "Standards Action" 

10) Other minor fixes and nits (e.g., references)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 5:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-14.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-14.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2009-05-11

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-14.txt