Subject: [Geopriv] Document Action: 'Implications of 'retransmission-allowed' for SIP Location Conveyance' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:21:39 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Implications of 'retransmission-allowed' for SIP Location Conveyance '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-02.txt

Technical Summary

This document explores an ambiguity in the interpretation of the
<retransmission-allowed> element of the Presence Information Data Format
for Location Objects (PIDF-LO) in cases where PIDF-LO is conveyed by the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). It provides recommendations for how
the SIP location conveyance mechanism should adapt to this ambiguity.

Working Group Summary

This document was produced in order to express the consensus of the
GEOPRIV working group on a privacy issue raised by location conveyance
in the SIP protocol. There is thus strong consensus within GEOPRIV
around the core privacy recommendations in the document.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by key participants from the GEOPRIV,
SIP, and privacy community, and its recommendations have been
implemented in draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-13.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is Richard Barnes.

RFC Editor Note

At the end of first paragraph of the Abstract 
OLD:
	these ambiguities
NEW:
        this ambiguity