Subject: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #1: Correct EPSG number for WGS84

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 00:41:03 -0000

#1: Correct EPSG number for WGS84
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]                |       Owner:                            
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new                       
 Priority:  major                          |   Milestone:  draft-ietf-geopriv-3825bis
Component:  civic-address-recommendations  |     Version:                            
 Severity:  Active WG Document             |    Keywords:                            
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Change from 4327 to 4326.

 [Text / location TBD]

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/1>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>

---

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:03:43 -0000

#1: Correct EPSG number for WGS84
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |        Owner:                            
     Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  new                       
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:  draft-ietf-geopriv-3825bis
Component:  Other               |      Version:                            
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:                            
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 Proposed change:

 In Section 2.1, change the following text:
 "
       1: WGS 84  (Geographical 3D) - World Geodesic System 1984, CRS
                  Code 4327, Prime Meridian Name: Greenwich
 "
 to this:
 "
       1: WGS 84  (Geographical 3D) - World Geodesic System 1984, CRS
                  Code 4326, Prime Meridian Name: Greenwich
 "

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/1#comment:2>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:00:01 -0500

>#1: Correct EPSG number for WGS84

WGS-84 3D is CRS code 4979, not 4326

>_______________________________________________
>Geopriv mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:12:37 -0000

Proposed change:

 In Section 2.1, change the following text:
 "
     1: WGS 84 (Geographical 3D) - World Geodesic System 1984, CRS
         Code 4327, Prime Meridian Name: Greenwich
 "
 to this:
 "
     1: WGS 84 (Geographical 3D) - World Geodesic System 1984, CRS
         Code 4979, Prime Meridian Name: Greenwich
 "

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/1#comment:3>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>

---

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 01:20:43 -0000

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 WGS84 alone does not identify the type correctly since it is also used to
 refer to ECEF coordinates (i.e. Cartesian XYZ).  This also does not
 identify where the code comes from (i.e. EPSG).

 Proposed text instead:

 "
   1: WGS84 (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude):
       This datum is identified by the European Petroleum Survey Group
       (EPSG)/International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (OGP) with
       the code 4979 [EPSG].
 "

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/1#comment:4>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>