Subject: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #6: Authorship

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:46:06 -0000

#6: Authorship
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:                            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new                       
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  draft-ietf-geopriv-3825bis
Component:  Other                      |     Version:                            
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:                            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 I cannot find the person(s) that have brought up the issue, tried to
 convince the working group that there is a problem for years and have
 submitted documents to explain the issue anywhere in the document (neither
 as author(s), contributor(s) nor anything else).

 That cannot be right.

 I don't see the guys who implemented this specification (based on Martin's
 clarifications) listed in the document either. We should acknowledge their
 work a bit more ("Remember: Rough consensus and RUNNING CODE") given that
 they are the poor folks who had to decipher our mysterious specifications
 and very likely spent a lot of time doing so.

 Something to think about: A lot of delay on this topic was introduced by a
 few persons. Some of them can be found in the authors list of the
 document. Good, or bad?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/6>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:00:23 -0400

I just replied to this on the tracker, and proposed that:
1. In -01, we list Bernard as editor, and other people in Acknoledgements
2. Add other authors in later versions as appropriate

---

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:59:03 -0000

#6: Authorship
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Resolution:                            
 Keywords:                             |  

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 Proposed text changes:
 1. In version -01, change author list to have only Bernard Aboba (Editor),
 and put other contributors to Acknowledgements
 2. Add other authors as appropriate as the text is contributed to the
 document

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/6#comment:1>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>