Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 5606 on Implications of 'retransmission-allowed' for SIP Location Conveyance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:46:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5606

        Title:      Implications of 'retransmission-allowed' for SIP 
                    Location Conveyance 
        Author:     J. Peterson, T. Hardie,
                    J. Morris
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 27960
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5606.txt

This document explores an ambiguity in the interpretation of the
<retransmission-allowed> element of the Presence Information Data
Format for Location Objects (PIDF-LO) in cases where PIDF-LO is
conveyed by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It provides
recommendations for how the SIP location conveyance mechanism should
adapt to this ambiguity.

Documents standardizing the SIP location conveyance mechanisms will
be Standards-Track documents processed according to the usual SIP
process.  This document is intended primarily to provide the SIP
working group with a statement of the consensus of the GEOPRIV
working group on this topic.  It secondarily provides tutorial
information on the problem space for the general reader.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute