Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 5580 on Carrying Location Objects in RADIUS and Diameter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5580

        Title:      Carrying Location Objects in RADIUS 
                    and Diameter 
        Author:     H. Tschofenig, Ed.,
                    F. Adrangi, M. Jones,
                    A. Lior, B. Aboba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 119753
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-24.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5580.txt

This document describes procedures for conveying access-network
ownership and location information based on civic and geospatial
location formats in Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service
(RADIUS) and Diameter.

The distribution of location information is a privacy-sensitive task.
Dealing with mechanisms to preserve the user's privacy is important
and is addressed in this document.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute