Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2009-08-28

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The
protocol is an extensible application-layer protocol that is
independent of session-layer.  This document describes the use of
HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer
Security (HTTP/TLS) as transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:23:50 -0500

Hi all,

These changes are based on the IESG review comments/DISCUSSES and a
couple of nits found in the examples:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-
delivery/

Here's a summary:
1) Editorial Clarifications.
2) Section 6.4 added explicit reference to draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis
3) Section 6.5.3/examples (Expiry Time): clarified the details
(UTC/Gregorian calendar). for the expiry time and updated examples to
include fractional seconds and trailing 'Z'. 
4) Section 8: Clarified the usage of wildcards in the domain name for
server authentication.
5) Section 10.1: Fixed examples - added charset attribute to Content
Type and fixed lengths
6) Section 11.3 (IANA mime registration), replaced text for Optional
paramters and Encoding considerations with references to RFC 3023.
Fixed Macintosh File Type Code. 
7) Updated location-conveyance reference to SIPCORE document. 

I recommend folks look at the diff. The link should be available on the
tools page soon:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delive
ry/

Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-16.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2009-08-28

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-16.txt