Subject: [Geopriv] Loc-filters

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:31:26 +0300

Hi Richard, Hi Alissa, 
Hi all, 

The recent discussions around the error codes with loc-filters convinced
me that I should ask for a Working Group Last Call (or for this new
special second-to-last call) to see how that goes.

In a discussion with Martin he asked me whether I believe that working
on special error codes is really time well spent given that the document
builds on other documents that have not seen a lot of implementation
either (and consequently they may have even more gaps). Hence, it is
quite likely that we will have to ship an update when more
implementation feedback has been gathered anyway. This is very much
inline with my thinking of how to improve the IETF standardization
process(*). 

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Regarding (*): Ignoring the detail that I would have done the work
differently to keep it simple but there is such a strong movement to
make things as generic as possible (with all the drawbacks that approach
has).