Subject: [Geopriv] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5491 (1888)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:22:59 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5491,
"GEOPRIV Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO) Usage Clarification, Considerations, and Recommendations".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5491&eid=1888

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
The PIDF format provides for an unbounded number of <tuple>,
<device>, and <person> elements.  Each of these elements contains a
single <status> element that may contain more than one <geopriv>
element as a child.  

Corrected Text
--------------
The PIDF format provides for an unbounded number of <tuple>,
<device>, and <person> elements.  Each of these elements may
contain more than one <geopriv> element.  

Notes
-----
<status> only exists in <tuple> [RFC3863], not <device> or <person> [RFC4479].  The proposed text removes the problem.

I believe that it was only late that someone pointed out that <status> only applied to <tuple>; this sentence obviously got missed in the edit.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5491 (draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : GEOPRIV Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO) Usage Clarification, Considerations, and Recommendations
Publication Date    : March 2009
Author(s)           : J. Winterbottom, M. Thomson, H. Tschofenig
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Geographic Location/Privacy
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG