Subject: [Geopriv] OT: twitter geolocation details

From: "Alexander Mayrhofer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:14:06 +0200

[OT, but i think of interest to this list]

Twitter will soon allow posts to contain geolocation information. Some
information about functionality and privacy protection is here:

http://smarterware.org/3419/details-on-twitters-imminent-geolocation-sup
port-launch

The official API documentation is here:

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method%3A-statuses%C2%A0upda
te

Sadly, they are not specifying which CRS the coordinates have to be in
... (but since they are re-using geoRSS, my personal assumption would be
WGS84 - which is the default there)

Alex

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:36:29 -0400

Also, I believe they are planning using the W3C Geolocation API as a 
source of geolocation information, and that API uses WGS84 as a default.
--Richard

Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>