Subject: [Geopriv] Feedback on draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:52:23 -0500

We issued a WGLC on draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00 (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00.txt 
) on November 2, and it ended on November 23. There were no comments  
to the list about the document during the WGLC. To progress this  
document, we need some indication from people (other than the author)  
that this is worth standardizing. If you think it's a good document,  
please send a quick note to the list saying so before the end of the  
week.

Thanks,
Alissa

---

From: Marc Linsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:33:49 -0500

I like it, we need it.  Progress the document.

-Marc-

On 12/15/09 5:52 PM, "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We issued a WGLC on draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00
> (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00.txt
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Delaine M Arnold ENP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:37:50 -0500

I agree with this document regarding Prefix elements for Road and House
Numbers being added to PIDF-LO.  

Thank you,
Delaine M. Arnold, ENP
Independent Consultant
Chair, NENA Data Technical Committee
813-960-1698

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Alissa Cooper
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Geopriv] Feedback on draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00

Thanks,
Alissa

---

From: "Marc Berryman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:24:12 -0500

The draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00.txt allows a standardized method of
capturing address numbering and street (road) naming schemes that exist
today which do not fit the current [RFC4119] PIDF schema. Rather than trying
to "force" these unique address numbering and street naming schemes the
draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00.txt allows for a more consistent and
standardized method of properly capturing these types of numbering and
naming conventions.

Thanks,
 Marc B.

Marc E. Berryman, ENP
9-1-1 Services Director
Digital Data Technologies, Inc.
Celebrating 10 years in GIS and 9-1-1
[email-masked]
614-429-3384 - Ext 247
888-800-4003

-----Original Message-----

Thanks,
Alissa

---

From: "STARK, BARBARA H (ATTLABS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:49:11 -0500

I think this is a good document, and worth standardizing.
Barbara

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Alissa Cooper

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA621

---

From: "Avery Penniston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:51:51 -0600

I agree with the draft, and see a need for the CAType prefixes.   
I would like to see it made part of the standard.

Avery

> Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:52 PM
> To: [email-masked]

---

From: "Roger Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:51:51 -0800

I agree with the draft's approach, and consider this extension as a
"must-have".  Please move this draft toward standardization.

-roger marshall.

> Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:52 PM
> To: [email-masked]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:10:50 +0200

Hi Alissa, 

My feedback is a little late. The document looks good and I have only a
few editorial suggestions. 

Ciao
Hannes

Network Working Group                                           B. Rosen
Internet-Draft                                                   NeuStar
Intended status: Informational                              July 3, 2009
Expires: January 4, 2010

         Prefix elements for Road and House Numbers in PIDF-LO
		 
		 [hannes] Prefix Elements for Road and House Numbers for
the
		 Presence Information Data Format Location Object
(PIDF-LO)
		 
                     draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00

Status of this Memo

   This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
   provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
   Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   This Internet-Draft will expire on January 4, 2010.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
   document authors.  All rights reserved.

   This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
   Provisions Relating to IETF Documents in effect on the date of
   publication of this document (http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info).
   Please review these documents carefully, as they describe your rights
   and restrictions with respect to this document.

Abstract

   RFC4119 updated by RFC5139 defines suffixes for street names and
   house numbers, but does not define prefixes.  Both occur regularly in
   addresses and CAtypes are needed for them.  This memo defines STP

  [hannes] civic address types (CAtypes)

Rosen                    Expires January 4, 2010                [Page 1]

Internet-Draft            Road and House Prefix                July 2009

   Street Prefix and HNP house number prefix CAtypes.

[hannes] ... defines the Street Prefix (STP) and the House Number Prefix
(HNP) 
CAtypes. 

Table of Contents

   1.  Terminology . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     1.1.  Prefixes in addressing  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     1.2.  Security Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     1.3.  IANA Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   2.  References  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     2.1.  Normative References  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     2.2.  Informative References  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
   Author's Address  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4

Rosen                    Expires January 4, 2010                [Page 2]

Internet-Draft            Road and House Prefix                July 2009

[hannes] change the section headings

--------

1. Introduction 
--> current Section 1.1

2. Terminology

--> current Section 1

3. Security Considerations

--> currently Section 1.2

4. IANA Considerations 

--> currently Section 1.3

---------

1.  Terminology

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

1.1.  Prefixes in addressing

   In [RFC4119] one can define a PIDF for 123 Main Street but not 123
   
   [hannes] RFC 4119 [RFC4119] allows to create a PIDF for 123 Main
Street.....
   
   Boulevard Coranado.  There is an STS CAtype for a suffix, but no
   corresponding prefix.  [RFC5139] added PRM Premodifier and POM
   Postmodifier, but those are not suitable for the purpose.

 [hannes] [RFC5139] added the PRM Premodifier and POM
   Postmodifier CAtypes, but those are not suitable for the purpose.

   Similarly, one can express 123B Main, but not H123 Main.  Although
   one can include such letters in the house number, most addressing
   authorities keep the number numeric only to facilitate sorting, and
   have prefix and suffix fields for alphanumerics that appear in front
   of or following the numeric house number.

   To remedy this situation, new CAtypes are required: STP for a street
   (road) prefix, and HNP for a house number prefix.

1.2.  Security Considerations

   The XML representation described in this document is designed for
   inclusion in a PIDF-LO document.  As such, it is subject to the same
   security considerations as are described in [RFC4119].
   Considerations relating to the inclusion of this representation in
   other XML documents are outside the scope of this document.

1.3.  IANA Considerations

   This document updates the civic address type registry established by
   [RFC4776].  Two additional value are added:

       41      STP    Street (Road) Prefix
       42      HNP    House Number Prefix

2.  References

2.1.  Normative References

   [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
              Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

   [RFC4119]  Peterson, J., "A Presence-based GEOPRIV Location Object
              Format", RFC 4119, December 2005.

Rosen                    Expires January 4, 2010                [Page 3]

Internet-Draft            Road and House Prefix                July 2009

2.2.  Informative References

   [RFC4776]  Schulzrinne, H., "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
              (DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) Option for Civic Addresses
              Configuration Information", RFC 4776, November 2006.

   [RFC5139]  Thomson, M. and J. Winterbottom, "Revised Civic Location
              Format for Presence Information Data Format Location
              Object (PIDF-LO)", RFC 5139, February 2008.

Author's Address

   Brian Rosen
   NeuStar, Inc.
   470 Conrad Dr
   Mars, PA  16046
   US

   Email: [email-masked]

Rosen                    Expires January 4, 2010                [Page 4]


>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Alissa Cooper
>Sent: 22 November, 2009 07:59
>To: GEOPRIV
>Subject: [Geopriv] WGLC for draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00 ends Monday
>
>Just a reminder that the WGLC for 
>draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00 ends Monday, November 23. Please 
>send comments to the list if you have them.
>
>Alissa
>
>
>>
>> In September we took a consensus call on adopting draft-rosen- 
>> geopriv-prefix-00 as a working group item. As the draft is extremely 
>> straightforward, we are taking it directly to WGLC. An associated 
>> milestone has been approved.
>>
>> Thus, this is a GEOPRIV Working Group Last Call for comments on 
>> draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00
>> (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosen-geopriv-prefix-00.txt)
>>
>> Please send your comments no later than Monday, November 23, 2009.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>