Subject: [Geopriv] Issue #29: Review by Randy Gellens

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:15:05 -0800

I believe I have addressed sub-issues 1, 2, and 3 of Issue #29 in RFC 3825bis-05:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis

However, sub-issue #4 is still outstanding:

4: Conflict between text and figure

In "1.2.  Resolution and Uncertainty," it says about uncertainty: 

"In effect, this describes a rectangular prism."  However, the ASCII 

art in section "2.3.2.  Latitude and Longitude Uncertainty", the shape 

is more complex than a rectangular prism, it has angles and cut-outs 

which don't seem to follow from anything.

[BA] Any opinions on how we should resolve this?

---

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:52:43 -0500

I don't think the two are in conflict: The option itself expresses a  
rectangular prism (within the coordinate space), which may contain a  
more complex shape.  Perhaps it would make sense to replace the  
referenced sentence with something like the following?
"
In effect, this describes a rectangular prism, which may be used as as  
a coarse representation of a more complex shape that fits within it.   
(See Section 2.3.2 for more detail on the correspondence between  
shapes and uncertainty.)
"

--Richard

On Jan 17, 2010, at 2:15 AM, Bernard Aboba wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv