Subject: [Geopriv] A few small comments on draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-09

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:32:56 -0800

Hi Guys,

Here are a few small comments on the filters draft:

(1): There seems to be a copy-paste error: the captions of figures 3 
and 4 say "Speed Change Example" but they should be "Element Value 
Change Example".

(2) For clarification, it may be helpful to say in 3.1 and 3.2 that 
the condition could be met by a change in any axis including altitude 
(x, y, or z).

(3) In section 3.6, for clarification, it may be helpful (especially 
for readers not familiar with the subject) to add a sentence after 
the first sentence (after "...defines an extension ... rate of event 
notifications generated by the notifier") to the effect of "This 
allows a subscriber to have overall control over the stream of 
notifications, for example to avoid being flooded."

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
You're most kind.  In fact, you're every kind.
          --Robert Preston in _Victor/Victoria_

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:43:52 +0200

Hi Randy, 

Thanks for the comments; I agree with all of them. 
I have added them to version -10 but I will wait for the IESG reviews
before I submit a new version. 

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Did you review conclude that the functionality is about right? (not
too much / not too little) We had some discussions on this topic in the
past. 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Randall Gellens
>Sent: 13 February, 2010 02:33
>To: Rohan Mahy; Brian Rosen; Hannes Tschofenig
>Cc: [email-masked]; Hemish Parikh
>Subject: [Geopriv] A few small comments on 
>draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-09
>
>Hi Guys,
>
>(1): There seems to be a copy-paste error: the captions of 
>figures 3 and 4 say "Speed Change Example" but they should be 
>"Element Value Change Example".
>
>(2) For clarification, it may be helpful to say in 3.1 and 3.2 
>that the condition could be met by a change in any axis 
>including altitude (x, y, or z).
>
>(3) In section 3.6, for clarification, it may be helpful 
>(especially for readers not familiar with the subject) to add 
>a sentence after the first sentence (after "...defines an 
>extension ... rate of event notifications generated by the 
>notifier") to the effect of "This allows a subscriber to have 
>overall control over the stream of notifications, for example 
>to avoid being flooded."
>
>--
>Randall Gellens
>-------------- Randomly selected tag: --------------- You're 
>most kind.  In fact, you're every kind.
>_______________________________________________
>Geopriv mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>