Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 5687 on GEOPRIV Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol: Problem Statement and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:17:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5687

        Title:      GEOPRIV Layer 7 Location Configuration 
                    Protocol: Problem Statement and Requirements 
        Author:     H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 40880
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5687.txt

This document provides a problem statement, lists requirements, and
captures design aspects for a GEOPRIV Layer 7 (L7) Location
Configuration Protocol (LCP).  This protocol aims to allow an end
host to obtain location information, by value or by reference, from a
Location Information Server (LIS) that is located in the access
network.  The obtained location information can then be used for a
variety of different protocols and purposes.  For example, it can be
used as input to the Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol
or to convey location within the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to
other entities.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC