Subject: [Geopriv] draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-11

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:09:40 -0700

Hi Jari,

Martin and I had proposed new text based on the comments you and others 
raised (see below).

In particularly the following text has been changed:

"
   An implementation MUST support <ns-bindings> to replace the namespace
   prefix.  The XPath expression MUST start with a '//' followed by a
   single element.  No other form of XPath expression is supported.  The
   <changed> element comes with a few attributes but only the 'by'
   attribute MUST be implemented by this specification.
"

I hope the new version meets your expectation.

Ciao
Hannes

-----

Discuss (2010-03-10)
This is a good document and I was ready to ballot Yes. However, like
other reviewers I had trouble with the normative requirements. In my
case Section 3.3 said:

   An implementation MUST support the functionality as shown in Figure 3
   with <ns-bindings> replacing the prefix.  No other variant is
   supported.

I do not understand what to implement based on this. In particular,
Section 3.3 has also Figure 4 that shows another variant. Is only the
first one required to be supported? What exactly does "MUST support
this example snippet of XML" mean?