Subject: [Geopriv] draft-george-ecrit-lamp-post-02

From: Robins George <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:00:16 +0800

We have updated this draft. This document describes an extension to 
civic location format and adds two new CAtypes: PN (pole number) and MP 
(milepost). Pole Numbers are used on poles such as lamp posts or utility 
poles, and can be used in some circumstances as location information. In 
some countries, the label on the lamp post also carries the local 
emergency service number, such as "110", encouraging callers to use the 
pole number to identify their location.

The reason a separate CA type is needed is that the milepost number can 
be used independently of a street name and number (you can say Milepost 
12.2 Route 12, but you can also say 123 Route 12). Mileposts are used on 
many things besides roads, including railroads and trails.

- robins

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:39:17 -0500

Of note on this: we considered one Catype with a parameter to specify what
kind of pole number it was.  Unfortunately, that required a new xml
namespace, a registry, ...  It just seems easier to have different Catypes.

On 3/9/10 3:00 AM, "Robins George" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv