Subject: [Geopriv] DNSEXT pointer

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:00:04 -0700

Howdy,

There is an ongoing discussion on the DNSEXT mailing list
([email-masked]) about draft called
Client IP address in DNS requests
(http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-vandergaast-edns-client-ip-00.txt).

This is out-of-scope for GEOPRIV, but those of you who
helped craft the IETF thoughts on why geolocation data
was "private" (and what "private" means) might find it interesting
to read and contribute.  The core proposal is for an opt-out
DNS method that would have DNS resolvers add IP address
information to queries to authoritative servers..

One archive of the mailing list is here:

http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2010/

current thread include this one:

http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2010/msg00826.html

A second entry point to that thread (with changed title) is here:

http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2010/msg00869.html

regards,

Ted