Subject: [Geopriv] Protocol Action: 'A Uniform Resource Identifier for Geographic Locations ('geo' URI)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Uniform Resource Identifier for Geographic Locations ('geo' URI) '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for
geographic locations using the 'geo' scheme name. A 'geo' URI
identifies a physical location in a two- or three-dimensional coordinate
reference system in a compact, simple, human-readable, and protocol
independent way. The default coordinate reference system used is WGS-84.

Working Group Summary

There is strong consensus in the working group that this document is a
useful and user-friendly way to transmit location information.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by key participants from the GEOPRIV and
OGC communities.