Subject: [Geopriv] Announcement: Emergency Services Workshop 7

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:57:39 -0400

Dear colleagues,

We're pleased to announce that registration is open for the seventh  
Emergency Services Workshop, to be held 11-13 May 2010, at the  
University of Maryland, in College Park, MD, USA.

A registration link, as well as agenda and travel information, can be  
found on the ESW website:
<http://www.emergency-services-coordination.info/esw7.html>

We invite talks of 30-60 minutes on topics related to IP emergency  
services, especially around the following topics:
-- Standards development activities related to emergency communications
-- Prototypes of standards-based IP emergency services
-- Internet-based authority-to-citizen alerts and early warning
-- Automatic IP geolocation technologies and deployment considerations
-- Implementation and deployment of IP-based emergency calling systems
Please send proposals for presentations to <esw- 
[email-masked]>.

Background:
The Emergency Services Workshop series is an ongoing effort in the
emergency services community to coordinate global standards and
technologies for emergency calling and emergency notification. The
primary focus of the workshop series is foster coordination among the
many standards development organizations (SDOs) involved in emergency
services as they all work toward a global solution for emergency
communications using Internet technologies. In addition, the workshops
try to bring in operational and regulatory perspectives on emergency
services, so that these experiences and requirements can be
incorporated into ongoing technical development processes.
Participation is open  all stakeholders in the emergency
communications system, including industry (e.g., equipment vendors or
telecommunications companies) as well as government (e.g., regulatory
bodies or emergency response  organizations).

Thanks for your interest,
The ESW Coordination Team