Subject: [Geopriv] Protocol Action: 'Filtering Location Notifications in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Filtering Location Notifications in the Session Initiation Protocol 
   (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-11.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes filters that limit asynchronous location
notifications to compelling events, designed as an extension to RFC
4661, an XML-based format for event notification filtering, and based
on RFC 3856, the SIP presence event package. The resulting location
information is conveyed in existing location formats wrapped in the
Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO).

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the working group that the policies described
this document are a useful way to transmit geolocation-based event
filters.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by key participants from the GEOPRIV
working group.