Subject: [Geopriv] AD review: draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-21

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:28:36 -0500

I've requested IETF LC for this draft - the announcement for that LC should appear shortly.

Here are some initial last call comments to consider:

Typo: 2nd paragraph section 4: there is a bare lt; (look for lt;location>)

2nd paragraph of section 4.2 : "The child element evaluates to TRUE if the
two values are identical based on a bit-by-bit comparison." doesn't seem to
match with the guidance in RFC 5139. How does this interact with things like
RFC 5139 section 3.6 for instance?

Should the groupings defined in section 6.5.1 be maintained in an IANA
registry? Will you want to add new elements to the groups as 5139 is
updated/extended?

Nit: The document reuses rule-id AA56i09 in its examples

The IANA considerations section should suggest a registry name in section 11.3

The security considerations section indicates that the obfuscation technique
detailed in this document "loosely corresponds to the combination of
enlarging the radius and shifting the center", but the specification in this document
only shifts the center.

I think the text "a random number"..."with an absolute value of half the privacy region"
needs additional clarification. You are trying to say a random number whose absolute
value is less than half of the radius of the privacy region?

RjS