Subject: [Geopriv] Feedback solicited for Privacy and Identity Management Terminology

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:42:03 +0300

Hi all, 

This group should be interested in this updated document about privacy &
identity management terminology: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-01.
txt
 
The full document titel is "Terminology for Talking about Privacy by
Data Minimization: Anonymity, Unlinkability, Undetectability,
Unobservability, Pseudonymity, and Identity Management" and here is the
abstract: 

   This document is an attempt to consolidate terminology in the field
   privacy by data minimization.  It motivates and develops definitions
   for anonymity/identifiability, (un)linkability, (un)detectability,
   (un)observability, pseudonymity, identity, partial identity, digital
   identity and identity management.  Starting the definitions from the
   anonymity and unlinkability perspective and not from a definition of
   identity (the latter is the obvious approach to some people) reveals
   some deeper structures in this field.
   
I hope someone is able to provide some review comments. 

Ciao
Hannes