Subject: [Geopriv] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:04:21 +0800

This addresses the comments received from Robert, Alexey and Scott.

--Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 21 October 2010 9:01 AM
To: Thomson, Martin
Cc: Winterbottom, James; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-geopriv-held-identity-extensions-05.txt has been successfully submitted by Martin Thomson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-geopriv-held-identity-extensions
Revision:	 05
Title:		 Use of Device Identity in HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
Creation_date:	 2010-10-20
WG ID:		 geopriv
Number_of_pages: 29

Abstract:
When a Location Information Server receives a request for location
information (using the locationRequest message), described in the
base HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD) specification, it uses the
source IP address of the arriving message as a pointer to the
location determination process.  This is sufficient in environments
where the location of a Device can be determined based on its IP
address.

Two additional use cases are addressed by this document.  In the
first, location configuration requires additional or alternative
identifiers from the source IP address provided in the request.  In
the second, an entity other than the Device requests the location of
the Device.

This document extends the HELD protocol to allow the location request
message to carry Device identifiers.  Privacy and security
considerations describe the conditions where requests containing
identifiers are permitted.

The IETF Secretariat.