Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action: draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:23:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
                          Martin Thomson
                          James Winterbottom
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-06-20

   Current location configuration protocols are capable of provisioning
   an Internet host with a location URI that refers to the host&#39;s
   location.  These protocols lack a mechanism for the target host to
   inspect or set the privacy rules that are applied to the URIs they
   distribute.  This document extends the current location configuration
   protocols to provide hosts with a reference to the rules that are
   applied to a URI, so that the host can view or set these rules.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-01.txt

---

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:27:06 -0400

<hat type="individual" />

This version addresses comments from last call related to:
-- Multi-protocol support
-- The relationship between policy URIs, location URIs policy documents
-- Policy URI deletion / expiry
-- Several editorial issues.

Since all the significant changes were agreed on the list, I believe this version is ready for a publication request.

--Richard

On Jun 20, 2011, at 2:23 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Carl Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:07:04 -0600

All -

Very well written and even for me easy to understand!  Only nit is whether 
you want "Privacy" in the title of the document. I passed the draft to the 
OGC community for consideration as we now have a couple of URI based 
standards in process (Open GeoSMS being one).

Carl

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
To: "GEOPRIV WG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] I-D Action: draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-01.txt

> Since all the significant changes were agreed on the list, I believe this 
> version is ready for a publication request.
>
> --Richard
>
>
>
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>> directories. This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy 
>> Working Group of the IETF.
>>