Subject: [Geopriv] Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-02.txt> (Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:50:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Current location configuration protocols are capable of provisioning
   an Internet host with a location URI that refers to the host's
   location.  These protocols lack a mechanism for the target host to
   inspect or set the privacy rules that are applied to the URIs they
   distribute.  This document extends the current location configuration
   protocols to provide hosts with a reference to the rules that are
   applied to a URI, so that the host can view or set these rules.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.