Subject: [Geopriv] Protocol Action: 'Flow Identity Extension for HELD' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 12:28:50 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Flow Identity Extension for HELD'
  (draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity-02.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity/

Technical Summary:

This document specifies an extension to the HTTP-Enabled Location
Delivery (HELD) Protocol to allow a location of an endpoint behind
certain kinds of NAT to be requested.

Working Group Summary:

This document is a simple extension to an existing protocol and was
uncontroversial in the working group.

Document Quality:

This document received thorough review in the working group. National
standards bodies plan to refer to this extension, and providers of
Location Information Servers may choose to implement it depending on
their user bases.

Personnel:

Alissa Cooper is the Document Shepherd. Robert Sparks is the Responsible
Area Director.