Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 6915 on Flow Identity Extension for HTTP-Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6915

        Title:      Flow Identity Extension for HTTP-Enabled 
                    Location Delivery (HELD) 
        Author:     R. Bellis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 14175
        Updates:    RFC6155

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-flow-identity-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6915.txt

RFC 6155 specifies an extension for the HTTP-Enabled Location
Delivery (HELD) protocol, allowing the use of an IP address and port
number to request a Device location based on an individual packet
flow.

However, certain kinds of NAT require that identifiers for both ends
of the packet flow must be specified in order to unambiguously
satisfy the location request.

This document specifies an XML Schema and a URN Sub-Namespace for a
Flow Identity Extension for HELD to support this requirement.

This document updates RFC 6155 by deprecating the port number
elements specified therein.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:02:13 -0400

Congratulations, Ray!  Thanks!

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013, wrote:

>         Mailbox:    [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>         Pages:      9
>         Characters: 14175
>         Updates:    RFC6155
>
> author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked]<javascript:;>.
>  Unless
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:10:08 -0700

Yes, well done.  An exemplar for a simple, quick process from draft to
published RFC.

On 10 April 2013 19:02, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> For searching the RFC series, see
>> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
>> [email-masked]
> [email-masked]

---

From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 06:52:49 +0000

> Yes, well done.  An exemplar for a simple, quick process from draft to

Thanks, guys!

Ray