Subject: [Geopriv] Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-04.txt> (Relative Location Representation) to Proposed Standard

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:52:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Relative Location Representation'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-05-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to PIDF-LO (RFC4119) for the
   expression of location information that is defined relative to a
   reference point.  The reference point may be expressed as a geodetic
   or civic location, and the relative offset may be one of several
   shapes.  Optionally, a reference to a secondary document (such as a
   map image) can be included, along with the relationship of the map
   coordinate system to the reference/offset coordinate system to allow
   display of the map with the reference point and the relative offset.
   Also included in this document is a Type/Length/Value (TLV)
   representation of the relative location for use in other protocols
   that use TLVs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.