Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action: draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:43:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Relative Location Representation
	Author(s)       : Martin Thomson
                          Brian Rosen
                          Dorothy Stanley
                          Gabor Bajko
                          Allan Thomson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-05.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2013-06-04

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to PIDF-LO (RFC4119) for the
   expression of location information that is defined relative to a
   reference point.  The reference point may be expressed as a geodetic
   or civic location, and the relative offset may be one of several
   shapes.  An alternative binary representation is described.

   Optionally, a reference to a secondary document (such as a map image)
   can be included, along with the relationship of the map coordinate
   system to the reference/offset coordinate system to allow display of
   the map with the reference point and the relative offset.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 16:47:05 -0700

I've updated relative location in response to some changes out of an
IANA review and an appsdir review.

The changes:
 - this now registers the URNs that we were using properly as URNs in
a newly created "geopriv" space
 - some editorial changes to make the relationship between baseline,
relative and reference locations clearer (w/ ASCII art!)
 - fixes to examples to correct schema validation errors

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 13:16:37 -0400

If folks has concerns/comments about this, please email them to the list by Friday, June 7.

On Jun 4, 2013, at 7:47 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>

---

From: tsg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:05:43 -0700

On 06/05/2013 10:16 AM, Alissa Cooper wrote:

Same commentary about the US6370629 sublicensing issue.

Todd