Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action: draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:42:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using Device-provided Location-Related Measurements in Location Configuration Protocols
	Author(s)       : Martin Thomson
                          James Winterbottom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-08.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2013-06-24

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol for a Device to provide location-
   related measurement data to a Location Information Server (LIS)
   within a request for location information.  Location-related
   measurement information are observations concerning properties
   related to the position of a Device, which could be data about
   network attachment or about the physical environment.  A LIS is able
   to use the location-related measurement data to improve the accuracy
   of the location estimate it provides to the Device.  A basic set of
   location-related measurements are defined, including common modes of
   network attachment as well as assisted Global Navigation Satellite
   System (GNSS) parameters.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:57:59 -0700

I have updated this document based on the feedback provided by the
IESG (and Suresh).

This should clear outstanding comments and discusses.

For those with comments/discusses, I have provided specific responses
to comments in email responses.  That might be a better place to track
individual issues, the diff is a little messy due to some editorial
changes that some comments triggered.

For geopriv participants, there are some small additions that close
loopholes in the privacy and security sections.  These are, in my
view, just clarifications of the principles we've already documented.
I trust that I'll hear if I've erred.

On 24 June 2013 11:42,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>[...]