Subject: Re: [Geopriv] Geopriv Digest, Vol 110, Issue 12

From: "Yuan Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 22:23:58 +0200

Hey all,

    There is a hot talk about uncertainty of positon information or
position estimations. Besides, the position-related measurements also
contain much uncertainness, which has not been associated.

    We may need clarify the position uncertainty and the measurement
uncertainty. Is that useful to add a definition and an effect of
measurement uncertainty in draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-02?

Best,
Yuan

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 07:02:51 +0200

> measurement uncertainty in draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-02?

Hi Yuan,

I'd encourage you to read
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-geopriv-uncertainty-07.

I think that this includes the definitions that you are talking about.

--Martin

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 08:49:27 +0200

This is exactly why I would so much like to see the draft becoming an
informational RFC.

Thank you
Laura

2013/8/1 Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>