Subject: [Geopriv] Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-06.txt> (Relative Location Representation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:04:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Relative Location Representation'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This second IETF LC is just to ensure that the IPR
declaration [1] on the non-WG draft that this replaces has
been considered.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1348/

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to PIDF-LO (RFC4119) for the
   expression of location information that is defined relative to a
   reference point.  The reference point may be expressed as a geodetic
   or civic location, and the relative offset may be one of several
   shapes.  An alternative binary representation is described.

   Optionally, a reference to a secondary document (such as a map image)
   can be included, along with the relationship of the map coordinate
   system to the reference/offset coordinate system to allow display of
   the map with the reference point and the relative offset.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.