Subject: [Geopriv] Comments on draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-02

From: "Yuan Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:24:15 +0200

Hi all,

    I have reviewed draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-02, which is a
useful document, describing the measurement format, the definition of
venue, data rights and etc.
    To further improve the document, the authors may consider the
following comments.

    1, Section 2 mentions indoor positioning with 'mobile' devices, while
the draft has yet describe the relation of 'mobility' to the
measurements, location data, devices or authorization process, etc.
Thus, it would be clear to add mobile attributes (e.g., what kind of
devices are mobile and the effect on measurements) or remove the
'mobility' issue.

    2, The ground truth in Section 6.3.1 may be not exact but an
approximation which is deemed as the ground truth. For example, compared
to the WiFi measurement accuracy, the IR map matching estimation (with a
smaller uncertainty) can be assigned as the ground truth. In the case of
approximating for the ground truth value, the quality or uncertainty
of the ground truth is necessary to be associated in Figure 6.

    3, Section 6.1.4 defines the venue map, while it is not clear about
the position data of a venue map. One may need elaboration: a few
examples of the difference between the venue map data and the signal
map data.
    Since the position estimation in a venue map provides more contexts for
practical applications, it is interesting how the position of a signal
map converts into a venue map. So a figure about a structure of
transforming from position coordinates to the venue map could be
helpful.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Yuan Yang