Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 7035 on Relative Location Representation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:48:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7035

        Title:      Relative Location Representation 
        Author:     M. Thomson, B. Rosen,
                    D. Stanley, G. Bajko,
                    A. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 74709
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7035.txt

This document defines an extension to the Presence Information Data
Format Location Object (PIDF-LO) (RFC 4119) for the expression of
location information that is defined relative to a reference point.
The reference point may be expressed as a geodetic or civic location,
and the relative offset may be one of several shapes.  An alternative
binary representation is described.

Optionally, a reference to a secondary document (such as a map image)
can be included, along with the relationship of the map coordinate
system to the reference/offset coordinate system, to allow display of
the map with the reference point and the relative offset.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC