Subject: [Geopriv] Last Call: <draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-07.txt> (Location Information Server (LIS) Discovery using IP address and Reverse DNS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:29:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic Location/Privacy WG
(geopriv) to consider the following document:
- 'Location Information Server (LIS) Discovery using IP address and
   Reverse DNS'
  <draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The residential gateway is a device that has become an integral part
   of home networking equipment.  Discovering a Location Information
   Server (LIS) is a necessary part of acquiring location information
   for location-based services.  However, discovering a LIS when a
   residential gateway is present poses a configuration challenge,
   requiring a method that is able to work around the obstacle presented
   by the gateway.

   This document describes a solution to this problem.  The solution
   provides alternative domain names as input to the LIS discovery
   process based on the network addresses assigned to a Device.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:39:42 -0500

Hi all,

Some of you may notice that a couple of unusual things about this LC:
1. It is the third LC for this document.
2. It is only a week long.

The second LC was because the IESG decided to change the state of the
proposed RFC from Informational to Proposed Standard.  Unfortunately, while
the document was updated, the datatracker was not, so the email for the
second LC said "Information" even though the document said "Proposed
Standard".  So we are running an abbreviated third LC with the correct
status indicated in both places to ensure that everyone has sufficient
notice.

Thanks,
--Richard

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>